• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

The Triple Extension.

PowerBuilder

I've been dong a lot of reading lately on three main things. One being flexibility, the other mobility & the third..and what my initial post is about, the triple extension.

Lately my snatch & cleans have gotten a lot better, more smooth & a lot faster since i've been working really hard at getting into the full extension, in terms of extending my ankles, knees & hips at the same time. This of course has been generating a lot of power.

Here's my question, which I'm yet to consult my coach. I was going to ask him tonight, but alas he wasn't able to make it. When it comes to the jerk (not either split, power or squat), when initiating the movement, is it suggested to do another triple extension?

To me, it makes sense & the answer is yes. I'd like to hear what others have to say. Thanks.

Not to try to sound too flippant but I think you have no choice. The jerk phase is a jump. Like all jumps it needs triple extension appropriate to the desired outcome and it is preceded by flexion.

The olympic lifts have a too much/too little tightrope of force and timing. There's extending at hip, knee and ankle then there is fully extending at hip, knee and ankle. A full extension on a maximal lift is likely not possible or in fact desired because the lifter needs to get under the bar to catch it.