• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Guiness stew

My kitchen is smelling good; onion, chuck steak rolled in seasoned flour, stock, vegetables, Italian parsley, tomato and a can of Guiness.

Simmer for three to four hours, then reduce with the lid off for 30.

Pour over mashed potato and pumpkin.
Posted via Mobile Device

Can you post the method as well, although I don't know about the guiness, I don't drink alcohol. Does it have to have guiness?

Can you post the method as well, although I don't know about the guiness, I don't drink alcohol. Does it have to have guiness?

Heat causes the Alcohol to disperse, thus just leaving the awesome taste of guiness and meat. Don't worry about it.

And how do you have a guiness stew without guiness....that's just stew!

Ingredients (serves 4)
2 tablespoons plain flour
800g chuck steak, trimmed, cut into 3cm pieces
1/4 cup olive oil
2 sticks celery, chopped
1 brown onion, chopped
1 carrot, peeled, chopped
200g Swiss brown mushrooms, chopped
2 tablespoons tomato paste
1 cup Guinness beer
2 cups beef stock
2 bay leaves
1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, finely chopped
mashed potato, to serve

Method
Place flour and salt and pepper in a snap-lock bag. Add steak and shake to coat. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook steak, in batches, for 3 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a plate.
Heat remaining oil in saucepan over medium heat. Add celery, onion, carrot and mushrooms. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until tender. Add tomato paste. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
Gradually stir in Guinness. Add stock and bay leaves. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Return steak and any juices to pan. Cover and simmer for 1 hour.
Remove lid. Simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes or until steak is tender. Remove bay leaves. Stir in parsley. Season with salt and pepper. Spoon mashed potato into shallow bowls. Spoon over stew and serve.
Posted via Mobile Device

Heat causes the Alcohol to disperse, thus just leaving the awesome taste of guiness and meat. Don't worry about it.

Awesome taste of guinness? :confused:

One of the most painful beer drinking experiences I've had was when I walked into a pub in London years ago and ordered a Guinness. The barman poured a very impressive 4 leaf clover pattern in the head of the beer. Unfortunately that was the highlight of the experience and things went downhill from there. It took me 30-40 minutes to finish that monstrosity and I've never had one since. VB for me thanks, or Asahi, don't mind that either.

VB for me thanks, or Asahi, don't mind that either.
Heathen! ;)

I love the dark stuff. My old Nan used to have a glass for breakfast every day with pepper on top. Loverly.

Cheers,
Mike

Yes. AWESOME. Taste of Guiness. I had my first one at around 16 and loved it. No one else could drink it, so I was happy. Got me a free 4-pack! The old man hates and he's a Scottsman.

VB on the other hand is sweetened piss. MB is a lot better. I must admit the only thing resembling "beer" I've had in years is XXXX Summer. Not bad, I guess.

VB on the other hand is sweetened piss.

Hey mate, you take it easy. My mate went out one night and had just one sip of vb - woke up the next day in bloody Zanzibar tied to a goat before this big black copper comes along, shakes his head and slaps a marriage permit on them.

That stuffs potentate.

Hey mate, you take it easy. My mate went out one night and had just one sip of vb - woke up the next day in bloody Zanzibar tied to a goat before this big black copper comes along, shakes his head and slaps a marriage permit on them.

That stuffs potentate.

Hahaha, good stuff. Honestly not sure how potent it can be, if it's the same as MB then it does have a bit of kick. I just didn't like the taste enough to drink more than 1 or 2.

Never had a problem with Guiness.