• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Mass Gain Workout Split

Bodyweight x 4 = your protein intake per day.

Squat, bench, deadlift, overhead press. All heavy. 3 times a week.

Rinse and repeat.

Get massive.
Posted via Mobile Device

It's not the clean factor, it's the surplus calories required to gain muscle, and the surplus calories will lead to some fat gain.

Sorry but I'm pretty sure there is a degree of cleanness in choosing bulking foods. The surplus of calories could come from nuts and pastas.....or....it could come from big macs, fries & trans fatty acids. I want to reduce the amount of excuses my body can come up with to store fat, so I think I will "clean" bulk! :)

Post up what you eat in an average day.

As for fat gain, the two most knowledgable people on this forum (Markos and Fadi) agree that if you are bulking, you shouldn't be worrying about fat gain.

Sorry mate cbf right now! But I have honed my nutrition for a while now and feel I have a pretty good understanding on what to eat. I shall post it up when I get closer to my start date :cool:

Sorry mate cbf right now! But I have honed my nutrition for a while now and feel I have a pretty good understanding on what to eat. I shall post it up when I get closer to my start date :cool:

This thread has shown you know little about training or nutrition. See my post above. That took from 79kg to 112kg while staying reasonably lean.
Posted via Mobile Device

This thread has shown you know little about training or nutrition. See my post above. That took from 79kg to 112kg while staying reasonably lean.
Posted via Mobile Device

You sound like a **** mate. This is the BODYBUILDING section of the Ausbb forums, not NUTRITION so I will not be talking about what I eat here. Also pretty sure I know a fair bit about training mate so please don't comment on here again unless you have something constructive to say.

Last edited by a moderator:
you have to be kidding me!!! did he just call nick a ****??

jim junkie...a little advice mate, take what you read on here constructively. listen to these guys and you will mass gain. dont listen to them and you will stay the same size month after month. i wasted my time for months on a 476 day split routine with 5000 different machines until i stumbled upon this gem of a site with guys who know what they are on about. i went from 68kg to 95kg. Thanks ausbb members!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree.
Have you not seens nicks before and after pictures?
Nick has made some insane progress, listen to people who have done what you want to do. Thats the way I see it anyway.
Respect where respect is due.

you have to be kidding me!!! did he just call nick a knob??

jim junkie...a little advice mate, take what you read on here constructively. listen to these guys and you will mass gain. dont listen to them and you will stay the same size month after month. i wasted my time for months on a 476 day split routine with 5000 different machines until i stumbled upon this gem of a site with guys who know what they are on about. i went from 68kg to 95kg. Thanks ausbb members!!

I understand there are people on here who know way more than I do (e.g. fadi, shrek, n00bs) and I'm always open to advice. But Alex, take a step back and read what NPR said. It's completely irrelevant to the topic I posted and it comes across as complete ignorance. Also just because you failed to find a program doesn't mean I will.

Also Sticky, I tend to treat people how they treat me..:) Maybe he should be more careful with how he words things if he doesn't want to offend

Last edited:
Mate.

You post a thread, wanting to know how to get "mass gains".

Nick and Markos both told you, that you will need to eat. Shitloads.

You then reply that you won't be posting up your diet, as you "cbfd" and "have a pretty good understanding of nutrition".

If that was the case, why have you started threads about muscletech and noexplode??

Your inability to listen to knowledgable people offering you quality advice strikes me as ignorance, not the other way around.

Good luck with it mate.

Hi I'm going on a mass gain (muscle not fat!!) in a few months and was just wondering your thoughts on my proposed training split

Schedule:

Monday - Legs
Tuesday - Chest
Wednesday - Back
Thursday - Shoulders / Traps
Friday - Arms
Saturday - Abs + HIIT
Sunday - Rest

Feedback would be great!

This was my original post, it said comment on my split......nothing about what I eat.

I'm sorry if I couldn't go to the effort of posting up what I eat, it's just not what I feel like doing right now

I beg your pardon? Yes it is true I started threads about muscletech and no xplode?? What's your point? I don't take these and never will, it was just a consensus to see if they were as much marketing and BS as I thought they were. This is a forum to expand your knowledge after all and by confirming your opinions I am doing that.

Mate.

Your inability to listen to knowledgable people offering you quality advice strikes me as ignorance, not the other way around.

Good luck with it mate.

I am always open to ideas, just not rudeness, so please go quote me on where I haven't listened.

And yeah I never have had problems with gaining muscle so Cheers :)

Have a good night!

Nick is a genetic freak and not everyone would get the same results from doing what e did so you can't use his results or anything other then inspiration. Is it bad to toss in a split routine to mix things up a but for 8 weeks? I'm pretty sure it could be beneficial as everyone always talks about mixing it up and not using that nasty word "routine". I currently do a four day based on ppp but I can't say that I would never go back to a five day as I loved my max-or results the three times I have now done it.

As far as nutrition is concered if the excess calories come from clean food and your doing light cardio I don't see why a bulk without gaining fat is not possible. I gained allot of fat on my recent steroid cycle because all I did was eat and eat, bad...good it dust matter the more I ate the more muscle I packed on. If you want to be disciplined and you know your goals you can do anything whether it be get huge using a split routine or using those power movements different people will react to different training....so what's right for you?? Try them both! Experiment! No harm in that is there? Or has noobs published research on split routes damaging you androgen receptors??? :p
Posted via Mobile Device

mate they are saying training has nothing to do with mass gains, all the mass happens when your eating a shitload of food. You totally missed the point.

gaucheharbor,

Yeah i know I will put on a bit off fat, but i just want to do little things to try and reduce the overall amount. But yeah mixing it around is always good, my genetics probably aren't as good as good as "nicks" but when it comes down to it I can put on 4kg in a month pretty easily :) Cheers for all the help!

mate they are saying training has nothing to do with mass gains, all the mass happens when your eating a shitload of food. You totally missed the point.

Ohhh man...yes I know it all has to do with food. I AM VERY AWARE OF THAT! Hahah but my post is NOT ABOUT FOOD.

Can you guys give him the benifit of the doubt he knows his nutrition until he has failed to proove it. Ok so he won't be a Fadi in the kitchen but for all we know he is getting what he needs for "mass gains". He was simply after a critique of his routine and he probably should have titled it differently. Jim junkie you should take the time and post your diet as I thought I knew nutrition then I got cut down ausbb style. Good learning curve for me ;) worth a shot anyway!
Posted via Mobile Device

Man, that's amazing.

In 3 years you'll be 144kg's heavier.

That would make you a certified monster.

Hahah it's not cumulative. I'm just saying I went on a gain a few months ago and put on four kg in the first month, but then badly injured my shoulder playing rugby and had to stop.