• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Cannot get a six pack

John555

Banned
Hi,
I've been dieting and training hard for the past 2 months and had my bf tested at 7.2% at the gym today. My friend tested at around 8% and you can see all six lines. However I am dissapointed at the fact that I just cannot see a six pack! I can see the 2 top lines very clearly and I have literally no fat on me. Is this a possible cause?

I Can't Seem To Get a Six-Pack Even At Low Bodyfat! - Staley Training Systems

Am I doomed with a 2 pack forever? Not that I'm obssessed about it, but it is dissapointing to be at such a low bf with nothing to show for it.

It's impossible to say without a photo but it is possible your just not genetically gifted in that area...

Focus on your other genetic gifts though!

Hi,
I've been dieting and training hard for the past 2 months and had my bf tested at 7.2% at the gym today. My friend tested at around 8% and you can see all six lines. /QUOTE]

- Was your BF test using a 6 point caliper test? IF its those scales they are terribly inaccurate
- U can be at sub 10% BF and still not see all your abs its the VERY last place that loses fat on your body sad but true.

it was a six point caliber test by an experienced trainer (15+ yrs experience)
I don't have a camera, except a shitty 2 mega pixel mobile phone, and even then i wouldn't know how to upload pics with it

Gareer, im not going to lose sleep over this or anything =P

Have you guys ever seen a photo of arnolds abs? (what am i kidding? of course we all have =P), but yeh you can see his lower 2 cuts arent visible, even though his in contest shape (like 4% or so bf)

I was thinking maybe I have that..

Hard to say without pics. Could be unfortunate (genetics - body fat distribution). 7.2% is pretty low, and I would say most men should see abs quite easily and be quite cut at this percentage. I've helped one kid a while ago with a similar issue - on top of all his compounds, I added abdominal exercises with resistance to actually make the abs "bigger". He was unnecessarily doing the whole 1000 crunches every night.

Have you guys ever seen a photo of arnolds abs? (what am i kidding? of course we all have =P), but yeh you can see his lower 2 cuts arent visible, even though his in contest shape (like 4% or so bf)

I was thinking maybe I have that..

Could be so.

Attachments

• herc.jpg
    herc.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 132
Hard to say without pics. Could be unfortunate (genetics - body fat distribution). 7.2% is pretty low, and I would say most men should see abs quite easily and be quite cut at this percentage. I've helped one kid a while ago with a similar issue - on top of all his compounds, I added abdominal exercises with resistance to actually make the abs "bigger". He was unnecessarily doing the whole 1000 crunches every night.

My top 2 lines are very cut, the rest have just a thin layer of skin on them but no cuts. My friend said it could be due to the lack of insertions or something like that

Im 178 cm, 61 kg. No I'm not anorexic, I do boxing, so I need to keep my weight down for the 60-64kg weight class.

Edit: 61 kg was when I did my weigh in (dehydrated, no food for 48 hours). My true weight would probably be closer to 63/64 kg.

Are you trying to impress women or flog your opponent?

Choose one or the other.

Impress ze ladies of course!! :p

Seriously I didn't get really 7% bf for looks, I was at 69kg and wanted to make the weight class so I dieted down. My bf is simply a by product. As I said, I wont lose sleep over this, I am mostly curious as to why this happens!

Im 178 cm, 61 kg. No I'm not anorexic, I do boxing, so I need to keep my weight down for the 60-64kg weight class.
  1. before you try for a sixpack, build an icebox to put it in
  2. move to a higher weight division where you can be a man and not a rubber band

i think i am in same boat. as long as i look good in fotos in the face n good body shape i am happy haha

Edit: 61 kg was when I did my weigh in (dehydrated, no food for 48 hours). My true weight would probably be closer to 63/64 kg.

man at 61kg u might b pretty thin. i am 178cm and at 71Kg i looked like an aids victim... it was horrid!!