• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Bumpers & trap bar

PTC

ABC are working on affordable bumper plates. These are a step up from the chinese ones on sale and sit beneath their calibrated ones.

Wayne realizes that not everyone can afford nor needs calibrated bumpers, but they still want a higher quality than the chinese ones on offer.

He has given me the first pair to test out at PTC. He really wants us to put them through the ringer, just to make sure they dont fall apart. They "look" identical to their calibrated bumpers, only they will only be available in black.

He also gave me a trap bar with elevated handles which will further take load off the lower back. Hawthorn Football Club ordered one this way, he gave me one to try out and see what I think.

I know DeFrancos in the States use them extensively, we'll give them a go and see what we think.

I know Westside are huge on using specialty bars, I may have to get some more different bars, like the Safety Squat bar etc.

I'll keep you guys posted on the bumpers. At this point, Wayne doesnt have pricing.

i was going to ask pricing then finished reading the thread. id definately be interested in giving them a go for the right price. look forward to hearing more.

Aus Kettlebells also have some new bumpers arriving in a couple of weeks, which are a step above the cheap ones they have now.

Spoilt for choice.

Is the trap bar on the market M?

I've seen a few of these lately, most of them seem to be out of china.

My wife and I are in frankston tomorrow afternoon, we are watching the sorrento v sommerville GF, my daughters BF plays for sorrento.
Posted via Mobile Device

I really like the SS bar Paul, pretty sure it will be next. I have 4 thick bars and a thick DB

Andy, as if you dont drop in

21 Stansfield Crt Frankston

ABC can definitely make you one, come check it out.

These plates are made in Aus. Wayne explained the process and where they cut costs. Not in the quality, just the process, very time consuming for calibrated plates.

See you tomorrow Nick.

No one is doing max attempts at PTC at the moment.

Its the off season, were doing more reps and volume

The trap bar is good for volume DL.

I noticed size and strength increases in the upper and lower back, glutes, traps, Grip within the first few months.

[YOUTUBE]5VBEh638-aE[/YOUTUBE]

This is the biggest pull i have seen done with the trap bar so far.

The guys used it after deadlifting from a deficit.

Spiros pulled 210kg x 5 standing on a 10cm block, then did 157 x 10 extremely easily with the trap bar.

Max and Alen also managed 157 x 10 very easily after there deadlifts off blocks.

Nina managed 112kg x 5 on the trap bar. She only deadlifted 112 x 1 at the Nats, so it appears it may be easier than a regular deadlift, well it is for her.

The new ABC bumpers stood up well, more testing today

So far so good with the bumpers and the trap bar.

Nick and Spiros both did 247kg x 5, thats a pretty good result, Nicks first go with the bar, Spiros' second.

Who will pull 300kg first????????????????

next sat nick lets play.... some warm ups you bring your belt,il bring my draw string and lets pull like 12 year old school boys until we hear a crack in your back.

Last edited:
I think Spiros will pull 300kg first.

Dave has ZERO chance, as he cant use mixed grip, and he has the weakest grip in the gym by a LONG WAY, men, women and children included.

I'll personally 2nd that... not a hope in hell of pulling 300kg!!!

My best is only 220kg with a proper bar!!!

Not to mention as Markos said... worst grip imaginable (gotta work on that)!

Cheers... Dave.