• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Bumpers & trap bar

I inquired about ordering a trap bar for myself from our only real "weights/fitness" place that isn't A-Mart.

Got a quote of $650~ IIRC. Not sure of the make or quality so I held off. I'm happy to pay for the right equipment, but for something I'm suspect of and would probably have to leave at the Gym...not so much.

More updates.

Fat Dave did 227kg x 2
Ryan did 227kg x 5
Rory did 227kg x 1
Steve did 207kg x 1

Zero issues with the bar or the new bumper plates. The bar is made locally in Braeside though, its not an import so we really didnt expect any issues, its a full stainless bar.

The bumpers are mint, no way there will be a problem with them. The only way to tell them apart from ABC calibrated bumpers is that they only come in black.

I just had a look at the one in the link Paul put up. It looks MUCH better than that one, its the original diamond design with better handles, plus it weighs a full 7kg more, its 27kg without collars, I'll post a pic tomorrow.

Last edited:
Wayne has just informed me that the Diamond Trap bar will sell for $460.

He will have 6 for sale shortly, contact him directly at ABC.

Wayne has just informed me that the Diamond Trap bar will sell for $460.

He will have 6 for sale shortly, contact him directly at ABC.

Sorry if I missed it, but has there been an indication of price on the bumpers?

Wayne wants them tested more, I have the only pair, so far they are mint.

As soon as I know a price I will post up