• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

steak55

Banned
If I continue to work out on a split 3x a week, and on my two days off during the week do an abs routine and run for 30 minutes. And eat less. Basically doing a cut but still trying to increase my lifts..

steak, have you ever heard of the law of conservation of mass?

How can you expect to put on mass, if you are eating less mass?

If I continue to work out on a split 3x a week, and on my two days off during the week do an abs routine and run for 30 minutes. And eat less. Basically doing a cut but still trying to increase my lifts..

Good observation.

Where to from here.

I understand I'll decrease in weight, and mass over all, eating a calorie restricted diet.

Just wondering what will happen with my precious, precious muscles if I am still eating a fair amount of protein and increasing my lifts.

I understand I'll decrease in weight, and mass over all, eating a calorie restricted diet.

Just wondering what will happen with my precious, precious muscles if I am still eating a fair amount of protein and increasing my lifts.

Think of it like money in a bank account, if your tkaing more out eventually you will end up in arrears.. Keep adding more in and you get savings.

Exercise creates a demands for the protein and anabolism, thus eating excess calories means muscle growth.

A claorie defecit is still a calorie defecit... You can change but you cant really gain.... Only time you are really anabolic in a catabolic environment is people on juice.

i was sorta only kidding....but you know what...i may just be on to something...i should def add this to the recipe thread!!!

you guys can sit back & nibble on pop corn............if he's cutting his calories, i might be mean & eat some krispy kreme donuts & watch the fireworks!!

What diet do you abide by- how many meals per day; what do your meals consist of etc?

Are you naturally skinny? and what do you do in terms of cardio related stuff?

I was skinny, I went from 68kg to 80kg starting last November or December eating my ass off but got a little fat too.. was eating 500+ extra calories

then I went traveling and worked out lazily sometimes only once a week for like 3 months :S still ate a fair bit mostly surplus calories each day..

now I dunno what to do! but a girl I shacked up with for a few days while traveling is coming in summer, haha. got like two and a half months.

anyway i'm 76 now and 177cm

KG's right? lol

Well if you wanna put on muscle... do compounds... bench squats deadlifts and chin ups. Well thats for general mass. So long as u feed ur muscles the protein it needs, you should put on mass for sure.

well I decided to cut and so far have just been doing my 3 day routine and eating less calories.

what is the best way I can do some extra work to speed this up? i just want to get rid of the fat on my stomach below my belly button before I start to bulk again