• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Time To Get Fit - I Joined a Gym!

H

Hi-boy

Hi peeps,

I decided that it was time for a lifestyle change, get more healthier and fit , so i took the plunge and joined a gym

My stats are as follow I'm 6'5 and weigh125 KGs, all the weight is in my torso areaa. I do have to say that in general i am pretty big, To coincide with the new lifestyle change, i thought that i would start hitting the gym 4-5 days a week to get me fit and trim

Should i hit the weights hard or get hot and sweaty on the cardio?
Anyone care to share some tips or hints to working off Kilo's from the gut waist area...

Cheers,
Hi-boy

congrats on taking the first step towards the lifestyle change ,
to lose those extra kilo's you need to burn up for more then what you put in

Doing weights is reasonably energy intensive and burns a fair amount of calories.
Doing weights will burn calories longer than cardio - with cardio you only burn calories while you're doing cardio, weights last much longer after you've finished your workout. Weights sort of put the body into overdrive so even a few hours after your still burning calories

IF you're going to do weights, stick to the big compound exercises - squats, deadlifts, bench press, shoulder press.. they use the biggest muscles in the body (multiple muscles)

with your cardio , don't go doing anything too intensive , due to your weight you could do more damage then good , start off with a brisk walk