• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Best Joint supplements and dosages

180sx kid

ok well I have a history of joint problems in particular knee and shuolder but even my wrists at time get sore.

I have my own opionon on what is the best stack etc for joints and keeping them healthy, mobile and lubricated but am really interested to here form a few of the experts as to what the best stack would be. Ive seen many threads similar but not exactly what im after.

If budget is not a issue what is the best stack to have..

Currently this is what I take.

Morning
1500mg glucosamine 800mg chondroitin
4 fish oil
1 tea spoon MSM 1 teaspoon of camu camu
1/2 tea spoon of vitamin c about 2000mg

10am
4 fish oil

Before bed
1500mg glucosamine 800mg chondroitin
4 fish oil
1 tea spoon MSM 1 teaspoon of camu camu
1/2 tea spoon of vitamin c about 2000mg

What would the best way be to stack all these products and how much and often should they be taken for optimal joint health and recovery ?

I get the best results from super dosing fish oil Michael. 25 or more a day. It takes about 1-2 weeks to notice the effect though.

yeh cheers nick.. I might start taking 20+ a day again and continue to take all the other stuff again... the last 2 weeks my knees have been shocking 20 mins to warm up before I can squat etc... once there warm there fine not one bit of pain 100% ROM its just a pain getting them warm and useable every session when I want to squat or clean etc.

is deca really that good for joints ?? ive read mixed reports... that said I woudlnt be able to claim life time drug free... add to that from what research ive done it makes your test level drop dramaticly even when taken at low dosages for joint repair etc... hmm id prefer a natural alternative I think.. drugs arent my go..

Last edited:
Then apart from what you are already taking I don't know that there is anything else naturally ocurring that may help.

why are allot of u blokes having joint problems at such a young age? Might be time to change some things up or you will be screwed later on in life

Thor
Posted via Mobile Device

because I tore my meniscus in my knee but still want to squat and powerlift.... because I tore cartlidge in my shuolder and still want to bench heavy and powerlift... that is why

As Nick stated I would hit up some more fish oil and also get a postural assessment by a good physio to make sure you do not have any postural issues that are contributing to your joint issues.

why are allot of u blokes having joint problems at such a young age? Might be time to change some things up or you will be screwed later on in life

Thor
Posted via Mobile Device

Makes a good point.

But what do I know.

What the hell, take fifty fish oil a day, you'll be better in half the time.

Often a powerlifter is defined by their willingness and ability to recover from injuries.
Posted via Mobile Device

Personally I would add Curcumin to the list, I've found the anti-inflammatory effects of it extremely useful and relatively fast acting. If you do try and get some with Piperine in it. Just helps with absorbtion.

Oh and take a look at Bulk Nutrients "Joint Complex" I use the pre-capped ones at the mo, but used the powder in the past. Good price for pure ingredients I thought.

because I tore my meniscus in my knee but still want to squat and powerlift.... because I tore cartlidge in my shuolder and still want to bench heavy and powerlift... that is why

I still want to lift as well, im lifting in next years states, BOL with you're recovery and hope to see you there

Last edited:
Often a powerlifter is defined by their willingness and ability to recover from injuries.
Posted via Mobile Device

Well I've never read that before, only to add that injuries throughout ones lifes can be many, countless...but only so many recoveries.

I don't see supplements as the answer.