• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
N

nick351

Hey everyone

Just a question on how you guys maintain a good level of intensity during a workout?, does it come down to nutrition? supps? as I find sometimes towards the end im lacking.

Thanks for your replies in advance.

Nick

could you please write down an example of a workout where you loose intensity?!

something that a lot of the guys & girls in our club do, is half (or 2/3) of their workout will be 85% for example & the other part is 70%. The logic behind this is that it's hard to work on all 4 cyclinders doing 85% for snatches, jerks & back squats, with the set amount of sets/reps

Hey everyone

Just a question on how you guys maintain a good level of intensity during a workout?, does it come down to nutrition? supps? as I find sometimes towards the end im lacking.

Thanks for your replies in advance.

Nick

Intensity is subjective, results are tangible.

How long is your "workout"?
Posted via Mobile Device

Workout is about an hour long. Doing PTC's beginner plan.

In the beginning im fine, just towards the end I seem to drop to about 70% like you said.

Would eating carbs before a workout help?

thats just the way it goes. at least it means that your working out hard which is great.

do squats first, their the most important. going 70 % on military press or curls wont make much difference. you could also play around with the order of exercises.

so monday you squat then bench, then row then military press. then on wednesday military press after your squat, so you can go hard.

or split it into two workouts which i would do personally. therefor you can focus 100% on upping the weights each week. good luck

Yep already do squats first, and I did notice it was more beneficial for me doing it first.

Maybe its an energy/focus problem im talking about.

Workout is about an hour long. Doing PTC's beginner plan.

In the beginning im fine, just towards the end I seem to drop to about 70% like you said.

Would eating carbs before a workout help?

I am doing PTC beginner workout too, though it takes me 1.5hrs to fully warmup and that is without doing the BB Curls :eek:

I am having about 2mins rest I'de say.

Have a loaf of bread before your workout ;) but seriously carb it up before a workout and possibly have a carb sports drink during if your really suffering.
Posted via Mobile Device

It takes awhile to know how to "pace" yourself. Going all out early on an exercise will always leave u with less than 70% in the tank for other exercises. Good thing about PPP program is u CAN go all out early as most of the others are ancilary work and can be done at 70%.

Where as the traditional bodybuilding workouts require u to "know" your body and pace it accordingly thus effectively limiting your lifts.

I think a high or maximum level (100%) of intensity of work can only be maintained for 30 minutes maximum.

How are you determining what is 100% intensity.

You're right you can't, I mean if your intensity of work is as hard as you can go on the day, meaning every set was taken to MMF with minimal rest to no rest, then that could only be sustainable for no more than 30 minutes for a well conditioned man or women.

You're right you can't, I mean if your intensity of work is as hard as you can go on the day, meaning every set was taken to MMF with minimal rest to no rest, then that could only be sustainable for no more than 30 minutes for a well conditioned man or women.

If 100% intensity is doing something as hard as you possibly can, most things I couldn't do them for 30 Seconds let alone 30 min.

Intensity is subjective, results are tangible.

How long is your "workout"?
What do you mean by "subjective" Andy? I know the meaning of the word, but would like to know how you apply it to the word intensity. I can write an article (you can write an article), and in it, we would describe our definition of the word intensity as it relates to the article we were writing. Is that what you mean by the term subjective? Thank you.

im talking about intensity of work.

we all perceive pain differently, what you might see a easy, I might view as hard, you might workout (operate)at a very high level of pain, to me it might look like murder.

at the end of the day we look for results, that is something we can measure, it's tangible.

so don't get hung up on the intensity, work as hard as you can bare.
As an aside, increasing the intensity of a workout is not something you can just do straight away, it takes months of workouts to find out what that is.