• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Weird glute pain

Daniel.308

Okay well this is the story...

Every time I squat, either during and/or after and/or the next morning I get a sharp pain in my glutes... It's a type of sharp pain where I know roughly the area it hurts but don't know the exact spot... I have rubbes dencorub etc on it but it is the same scenario when I squat again...

Also does anyone have any good stretch routines? As my lower back gets really tight after squatting...

Cheers

The glutes are hard to pinpoint, what kind of pain is it? Sharp, dull, burning etc. Where in the ass does it hurt and when during the movement (move your leg out to the side, out to the back, flex your hip, sit down, squat, lunge yada yada and find when and where in the movement it hurts). It could be a piriformis issue, glute strain, glute medius issue, hip joint issue, sacroiliac joint issue, lower back issue radiating its pain down your leg, sciatica. Touch your ass when it hurts and find the spot on a anatomy model.

Write it all down.

Last edited:
It's just a sharp pain that feels like lactic acid loll (hope that makes sense)... It happens right at the bottom of the squat movement (I think)...

The funny thing is the other day my Auntie realised that one of my legs is longer than the other (no I am not a retart)... But apparently it is a common problem by a couple of mm...

So I am thinking maybe that is the issue?

I guess I will stop full locking my knees as this would cause the issue I think...

Leg length issues can cause hip joint issues such as glute medius dysfunction (more pain to the side of the ass). A friend of mine knows a guy with a 12cm difference (he is about 6'10) he has major issues. Sticky has a 4.5cm difference that has affected his hip.

Your exactly right... It is to the side of my ass...

Damn! That's actually dissapointing as I am certain now that could be the issue...

What are some fixes? I am assuming shoe insoles of some sort maybe?

****!

It depends. If it is due to a leg length difference then you need to see a podiatrist. They can fit you out with orthotics and from there you need some physical therapy with a good exercise program to correct any issues.
Posted via Mobile Device