• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
CGPU's are a killer for biceps.

Spot on. I used to only do 3 sets of these but increased to 5-6 sets few weeks back. I've noticed really good carryover to biceps.
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device

How about pull ups first then dumbbell work later? Since pullups are much harder than curls it would make a lot more sense

Yeah I will try that when I want to mix things up a bit, I've only just discovered the beauty of incline curls and will be sticking to them for the time being.

By burn I just mean extend the pain and really work my biceps, when I can't do many more reps on dumbells I'll go to CGPU's and do negatives.
The burn is lactic acid build-up, it does not mean your biceps are working harder.

X-reps - you know reps you do at the end of a set to further extend pain, I think they can be partial reps. Anyway I'm saying I like CGPU's because of how good the negatives are

i haven't done curls in months haha all compound for me :)
what do you fellas reckon about doing chins/pullups with knees close to chest to target core?

Last edited:
I've been doing weights for about 10 mths and reckon I've read about 72,486 comments from guys putting shiit on curls. It's beyond boring reading the same predictable sheep mentality stuff almost everyday.

Curls

I do curls and other isolated movements as opposed to some compund lifts due to a disease that if I cause too much pressure or impact to my abs can stop me lifting altogether for considerable time. So I don't deadlift (used to be my favourite), or do good mornings, etc. I can partial squat against a wall with lighter weight. I can't even do crunchs at the moment. So I try and get my core stability by doing alternate one arm dumbell exercises (ie hamer curl supersetted with shoulder press)and holding great form. I'm super sensitive to my core at the moment and can feel when doing decent standing curls some of those stabiliser muscles kicking in. Its better to curl and not deadlift than not lift at all is the way I see it. Just a thought from an reformed curl hater (worth less than 2c)...