• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Deadlifts inside cage of Muscle Motion Commercial rack??

Maaaaaaaate

Just been looking at a few pictures of the muscle motion commercial rack an wondering if it is possible to do deadlifts inside the cage? or is the bottom cross member on sides of the rack too high to accommodate 20kg weight plates to sit on the ground?

meaning deads would have to be done out the front of the cage??

(i know this question has been asked in another thread, although it wasnt answered as the thread went off topic.)

Why do you need to deadlift inside a cage?

I can't speak for the OP but I imagine a lack of space would be a driving factor. If you can do the dead lifts within the rack area then you don't have to find more space outside of the rack to do it.

I have some people over so I haven't had a chance to measure it yet.

But you've had a chance to type a post? C'mon GP either get back mingling, or get back measuring, lol.

They are gone now... I'm on my way down there now to measure. Hope I don't fall down the stairs after a few drinks :p

The top of the bottom post is 30cm. I don't think any plate is going to clear that.

Lucky I have enough room to do dead lifts in front of my unit.

Why do you need to deadlift inside a cage?

I can't speak for the OP but I imagine a lack of space would be a driving factor. If you can do the dead lifts within the rack area then you don't have to find more space outside of the rack to do it.

I have some people over so I haven't had a chance to measure it yet.

spot on there, space issue.

no dramas all sorted.