• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Stiff Leg Deadlifts

Daniel.308

Hey guys

Well I was just wondering if anyone has any useful tips on performing stiff leg deadlifts, as the last thing I want to do is injure my back?

Any useful tips, videos etc would be helpful as there are a lot of variations for the deadlift... I am after mainly muscle size and strength if that helps, I am also doing the beginner PTC program...

Cheers

From the video's seen I am doing them with good form, though I stick my ass out as if I would be squating and I feel my glutes REAL tight... I make sure my back whilst bent has its natural curviture?

Does this all sound about right?

My feet are pointing slightly outward at a slighly inner then shoulder width stance...

?

Cheers

Helpful as usual Fadi. Would you recommend a mixture of regular and stiff deads to get past a sticking point?

Helpful as usual Fadi. Would you recommend a mixture of regular and stiff deads to get past a sticking point?
I don't quite understand what you mean Grippy. Stiff Deads place much more emphasis on the hamstrings whilst normal Deads do not. A point you should notice here is that the heavier you go with the stiff Deads the more the gluteal muscles would have to take over from the hamstrings to straighten the pelvis back to its vertical position.

So light weights would allow you to really get a good stretch on the hamstrings where heavier weights (as I've said above) would by necessity bring in your back side much more into play.

Markos would be the man to ask here since his knowledge as well as experience in this lift far outweighs mine.

Fadi.