• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Tall women? How about a shy guy?

k_21

So gents (All you playerz),

What if you see cute women EVERYWHERE
but too shy to talk to ANY of them??!!!

How to do you overcome that hurdle?

I mean if you can't ignite you can't get
ANYWHERE.. let alone to the 'horizontal lap
dance'..??

Thanks
Devante.

You only get more confident with practice. So yeah what Morgan said :)
Posted via Mobile Device

You don't get life points for being a "woe is me, I'm shy" guy. Get over it, man up, talk to them even if your voice shakes, and after a few disastrous (which is no big deal afterwards) tries, you'll be alright.

Start with the ugly ones (lowbies) chicks first and go from there.

If even the ugly ones think that your pickup lines/come on's are shit then YOU KNOW they fail.

IF they successful with the lowbies grab their numbers for your black book in times/weekends when u cant score with the glamours and need some lovin. (yes im shallow.. dont hate the player hate the game) :cool:

It a good confidence builder for the glamours.

Listen to ceffo, you'll learn off him. But to put it in a different perspective...you might get the idea that some guys are just great with ladies...it's because they've trained. They've got shut down before..everyone has. They just keep doing it and get better at it.

Think about it as if it's a gym session...gotta speak to so many girls in an hour.

Listen to ceffo, you'll learn off him. But to put it in a different perspective...you might get the idea that some guys are just great with ladies...it's because they've trained. They've got shut down before..everyone has. They just keep doing it and get better at it.

Think about it as if it's a gym session...gotta speak to so many girls in an hour.

Yeah nice post man.

Yes gotta train to learn a new skill huh???

Awesome.

Thanks

So gents (All you playerz),

Devante,

When was the last time you took a hard look at your priorities when it came to ladies? I see from the above that your priority is "playing"; I'm asking what is so wrong with simply being yourself and sincerely talking without the aim of ending up in a horizontal position. I think if you take this attitude, you may, (just may) end up with someone really special.

I certainly would not want a female chatting me up with just one thing on her mind, I mean where does human dignity fit in all of this encounters?

My advice to you is to rethink your stance on some deeper issues or you'll end up with someone tonight that was with someone else the night before...

Fadi.

Devante,

When was the last time you took a hard look at your priorities when it came to ladies? I see from the above that your priority is "playing"; I'm asking what is so wrong with simply being yourself and sincerely talking without the aim of ending up in a horizontal position. I think if you take this attitude, you may, (just may) end up with someone really special.

I certainly would not want a female chatting me up with just one thing on her mind, I mean where does human dignity fit in all of this encounters?

My advice to you is to rethink your stance on some deeper issues or you'll end up with someone tonight that was with someone else the night before...

Fadi.

As always you are truly a 'wise old soul' Fadi!

So my question is if you have 'unreasonable fear of
approaching the opposite sex' any techniques to
overcome this?

Devante.
P.S. When I said 'playing' I meant that in a good way.

...but too shy to talk to ANY of them??!!!

How to do you overcome that hurdle?

Who ever said that "shyness" was a hurdle? It's a quality; a trait that you have that someone else doesn't have. And there is always that lady who appreciates that quality in a man instead of one who is a bit affront.

So the first hurdle you have to overcome is to stop believing that your "hurdle" is a hurdle, but rather a quality that differentiates you from others.

Here's one for you Devante; yours truly was not just shy, but very shy indeed. I'll end by saying that to be anything but yourself will bring you down heavily and not getting a woman would be the least of your problems!

Fadi.

Last edited:
Practice makes perfect. Talk to as many as you can. Start off by chatting up chicks who work in clothing stores, they have to be nice to you. It will build of your confidence. Also just remember women are 100 times more insecure than men, so pretty much anything you say should be fine as long as you are confident.

Does anyone ever find themselves looking at fat chicks going OMFG thats massive and somehow she thinks you are checking her out, you then look away and go for the sneak peak (to make sure shes not checking you out) then she catches you again, oh crap now she really thinks i want her!

I must stop doing this...............

Does anyone ever find themselves looking at fat chicks going OMFG thats massive and somehow she thinks you are checking her out, you then look away and go for the sneak peak (to make sure shes not checking you out) then she catches you again, oh crap now she really thinks i want her!

I must stop doing this...............

I will look at a lady and admire her grooming as im a total slob and have no idea how anyone even does their own hair anyway. Same with fashion I look at them and think wow she really knows how to match those socks. Not as if im checking her out im just amazed how well people can function (im also checking them out...).

Last edited:
I've notice that talking to women and dating them is not the hard part. The hard part is stopping yourself from destroying things before they even begin. For example asking a girl for sex as in just asking them... I mean wouldnt a more appropriate thing to do would be to put your arm around them at a movie or something if you know what I mean. Also sometimes some of the shit that I say is just off tap madness... wait im talking about me now haha!

u cam get a feel for a girls orientation by asking how many boyfriends she has had. If shes has over 10 your on a dead ringer. Usually by the 2nd date if you play your cards right you should be in...

I have to agree with Ceffo on this.

Just like how you progressively lift tougher weights, progressively approach hotter / snobbier girls once success with the previous ones come.

If you're shy and non-assertive, in a place like Australia where girls can be clicky and snobby, you're screwed.

So start by approaching ugly ones. No need to get laid. Just talk to them, make them laugh, get their number. Once you're successful with that, gradually move upto hotter ones