• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Tuna...

John555

Banned
Hi, currently I buy tuna in spring water and that is my main protein source. However tuna in olive oil tastes much much much better. I have heard different opinions, some say just eat tuna in olive oil, some say thats too much fat so stick to springwater. Whats your opinions?

Ps. Im still in my cut phase.

I cut 8 kg in total in 8-10 weeks having 3+ 185 gram tins a day in olive oil.. and i didnt drain any of the oil.... add to that when I had salad or kagaroo i would drizzle olive oil or coconut oil over it...... you will still lose weight believe me.

Thanks for the comment. Yeah, it just feels weird to eat tuna in oil you know? Like people say "don't eat fried/deep fried food", but then theres tuna in oil. Lol

I aggree that the tuna tastes better in Oil than the spring water. I currently have some John West tins which contain Olive oil and sunflower oil. I dont fancy eating these 185gr tins or whatever size i have with all this oil particulary if i eat them 3 or 4 times a week.

Tina in water will do me fine.

As long as it fits within your intended caloric target whether it is for losing weight or gaining weight then it should be fine. I don't think you should try to deprive yourself of what you find tastes better. If you need to maybe eat less of tuna in olive oil than in water than do that. Or maybe cut back on your fats from somewhere else. You'll probably thank yourself and stick better to your diet eating foods that you enjoy (within reason of course)

just drink the olive oil.... I could name at leat 10 guys I know who have lost weight consuming 3 + 185grams tins a day and not draining much if any of the oil....

John let me elaborate a bit more... If you like it swimming in oil just have the oil....its not going to effect weight loss too much... most 185 gram tins with olive oil undrained have about 250 calories.... you can consume 5 a day with the oil and vegies with every meal and that would be roughly 1500 calories....... bugger all.....