• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Max's trip to the Worlds

Going great guns Markos!!!! All the best to Max. !!!!!! You should be very proud matey!!!

It'll be a great experience for him & i'm sure he'll make you proud irrespective of the result. All the best to Max.

Not sure about easier, different. Mondays looks easier.

Thank you for all the well wishes. Enjoying our trip will be paramount.

But its not a holiday. Max is determined to lift more each time he competes, he has achieved that thus far.

April 25th - 467.5kg
May 16th - 487.5kg
August 14th - 500kg
Sept 3rd - ????

Make no mistake, if he needs 240kg on his last deadlift, her will not be taking 225kg for a PB, he's going over there to win, not to f u c k spiders.

People didnt chip in money for us to have a holiday, were going to the WC to win a medal, and buy some really cool t shirts lol

Sean, Thursday was 5250kg @ 86%

Today was 4725kg @ 90%

You decide.

Monday will be 4950kg @ 78%

Wednesday will be 5075kg @ 83%

Friday will be 5250kg @ 89%

Sunday will be 4875kg @ 93%

Fridays session appears toughest.

woah, Max is doing some brutal squat sessions considering his max is 175kg.

hopefully it'll get him out of his squat plateau. if it doesn't, i don't know what will!

Max is determined to lift more each time he competes

I like the way the lad thinks!

Thus far I've been fortunate enough to follow a similar path...

Nov08 - BMB
Feb09 - 692.5
July09 - 745
Feb10 - 765
July10 - 820
Feb11 - 900?????

PTC i forgot to tell you, make sure you pay a few PlanetFitness jyms a visit. They have 'lunk alarms" that sound a big syren when you grunt, drop weights, or do deadlifts and you are asked to stop or leave. The whole thing is ironic when you see they have a big "no judgement, no critic" thing.

[YOUTUBE]SvQpR_nzu9M[/YOUTUBE]

see how many you get kicked out of :p

F U C K, how sensitive are they, I just clicked on their website and the siren went off, then I got an email telling me I was no longer allowed to browse their site lol

Okay, due to the unbelievable generosity of 2 clients (one a member here) we have booked accommodation and paid for car hire.

It still blows me away how generous everyone has been.

Thank you to everyone.

They (Flight Centre) convinced me to get medical insurance. I succumbed. Then I asked them to check if Max was covered seeing he was competing. They said no. What a waste of time, got my money back.

On Wednesday night, Max squatted

145kg x 7 x 5 sets

He has a session tomorrow night and his last on Sunday, we fly out on Monday

Were leaving Frankston around 1.00pm on Monday, Sean has taken a day off work to drop us off at the Airport. we leave around 5.30pm from Tulla, get to LA around 5.00pm on Monday.

We are staying in Venice on our first night. We'll check in and I'll take Max to the Firehouse Cafe for dinner before we check out Golds.

Tuesday morning were going for a walk on the Boardwalk after breakfast at the Firehouse again, check out Muscle Beach and the BB courts were White men cant jump was filmed.

The Firehouse is a restaurant that offers bodybuilding meals. Lots of Pro BB eat there, I met Mike and Ray Mentzer there

http://losangeles.menupages.com/restaurants/firehouse/menu

http://www.yelp.com/biz_photos/b711hZTQuHJneo7iErK1ww?select=BaRUEC4mkzGcnRgyrkrrxQ

We then head off too St George in Utah, just over 6 hour drive, staying at the Hilton Gardens. We leave there Wednesday morning and get to Idaho Falls on wednesday afternoon.

Weigh in is on Thursday night. We are staying at the event motel, which is the Hilton Gardens in Idaho Falls.

Max lifts on Friday night.

Last edited: