• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Best Rugby player ever

Rugby88

I have Ep1c Calendar kunce
Some of you may remember Jonah Lomu - prob one of the best rugby players to ever and also one of the best athletes over all sports to ever!

Just started reading one of his books - used to be a huge fan as a kid - even had Jonah Lomu Rugby computer game lol.

In his prime he was one of the most sort after athletes in the world - having huge offers from a number of rugby union clubs, league teams and also the Dallas Cowboys American football team was rumoured to have offered him over a million dollars to play for them for a year I think it was.

Had his 1st cap with the All Blacks at 18 yrs old - was playing 1st 15 rugby for his college at age 14 or 15!!!

Best of:

Part 1:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsXTa7UCGlk&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - ‪The Best of Jonah Lomu MUST SEE!! (Rare Tries) Part 1‬‎[/ame]

Part 2:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Judms69Zw8g&feature=fvw]YouTube - ‪The Best of Jonah Lomu MUST SEE!! (Rare Tries) Part 2‬‎[/ame]

tremendous player. one of a kind, only person that is up there with him is richie mccaw.

hahaha i still remember the day little george gregan jumped on the side of his body and dragged him down one game

I am not to sure about ever...

Though for this season...

This explains it all

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66_lgih1eOc]YouTube - Sam Burgess Big Hit 2010[/ame]

This also geez me up to big hit someone aswell...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRGXpbHj838]YouTube - Chris Sandow 2009 Compilation[/ame]

He wins the ball in pivotal moments, he makes it to just about every breakdown - his work rate is amazing. While Lomu could break tackles, if only they were in the same era.

not as good as union though. Anyway if its a shoulder charge video, they ain't actually that big hits, try pull one off its pretty easy actually.

The difference is he is 80kg at 173cm and acts as if he is 100kg and over 2m tall... thats what makes it entertaining...

Anyway if its a shoulder charge video, they ain't actually that big hits, try pull one off its pretty easy actually.

As shown by mister little sandow who has a major case of little man syndrome. Any one have a video of some one smacking him the **** out cause the would be good to watch as he is a little cheap shot merchant. Daniel he is pretty dodgy in nearly all of those tackles, he waits for his time to pop a shoulder into an unsuspecting player and then follows it up with a forearm whack when they are on the ground.

Now back to union. Richie is probably the hardest worker I have seen and is very good technically in rucks and mauls. Kind of hard to compare the two due to their very different roles in the game, and as Richie is a leader (something Lomu never was) he probably has a more impact over the whole team. But just individual impact wise for a game I would give it to Lomu but then again I do not ever remember hearing about his defensive abilities and I can not remember that far back besides the tries.

i got a union question for you who is a better goal kicker in there day johnny wilkinson or moryn steyn

rugby players are such athletes!
if i could pick an athlete based on athleticism, speed, agility, strength, power etc, rugby players would be right up there!

Wether their cheap hits or not the kid has big cohones ;)... It makes football the whole lot more intresting...

But then again thats my opinion...

Up the BUNNIES!!!

Wether their cheap hits or not the kid has big cohones

I do not agree, anyone who is does cheap shots does not have a big set. You have balls if you take on some big guy who knows it is coming and is ready and waiting. He shoulder charges someone who is being tackled by others or catching a ball and then when they are already on the ground he slams a forearm shot to them, that makes him a pussy in my book no matter how much of a powerhouse he is. I used to have people do that kind of thing to my friends (either big guy knocking around smaller guy or cheap shots), then I would flatten them to teach them a lesson and I made sure they knew it was coming.

Those swinging arms are great and perfectly legal. After he smash's someone he is well in his right to finish the tackle by smashing them again... If they are just gonna lay down and not get up (LIKE PUSSYS) I admire the fact he swings his arms...

At 20yrs old and for his size and shape you simply can't argue the fact he hasn't got balls...

Week in week out he is chasing hard and trying to put hits on... I would rather watch him put hits on than watch a St George Dragons play a game (which is like watching paint dry)...

Personal Opinion.

The thing is if he did not take those cheap shots I would say he has huge balls, but he ruins it.

Now back to union, its better. Waits for Shrek to lock thread.

I couldn't tell you who the best rugby player is, but I can tell you who has the most influence - the f***ing referees, that's who.

These pedantic fools blow the crap out of the whistle every game and get lost in their own importance of the technical aspects of every ruck/maul/scrum. The commentators (ex-internationals) don't even know what the penalties are for half the time.

Years ago I tried an exercise of timing the actual amount of playing time during a match I'd taped. Can't remember the result, think it was something like 20 mins. These days I'd bet that's even less.

I used to play it in high school, and enjoyed watching it in the 80s and 90s, but gradually got to the point where I haven't watched a game in years. I'm heading that way with rugby league too. Cricket and MMA do it for me these days. When I did watch union, I used to love watching Campese, Tim Horan (sensational player) and Stephen Larkham (used to think of him as a white Mark Ella).