• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PtCharger

Hey everyone.

im fair new to all this but, from what i been reading im doing something wrong by using

- Jack3d. lol. Whats a good prework out, with all the good stuff that will keep me pumped up and has got the creatine in it.

i also use Cellmass and i really like it as a product.

any ideas.

thank you

When Iam not dieting I have a crazy good pre-workout meal - I get maybe 3-4 tablespoons of peanut butter + 3-4 tablespoons of honey - put in microwave for 30-40secs then mix up , then add 1 cup-1 1/2 cups of oats, and then 1 - 2 scoops of choc protein powder - mix all together and eat about 1 hour before training - then normally 5-10 mins before training I'll have acouple of sugar free redbulls.

Jack3d is actually a highly recommended pre-workout supplement, why do you feel unsure about it?

Jack3d is the bomb as far as pre workout supplements go. It gets me going quite well and I know my warm ups are going well when I start tingling all over.

Caffeine in high doses has an adrenal effect.
beta Alinine causes tingling.

Those seem to be the main ingredients of jack3d.

If you're going for a product with all the beneficial pre-workout ingredients then I'd recommend Biocharge (bioflexnutrition.com)

This has a decent dosage of Citrulline Mallate, Creatine, Arginine (for the pump) and beta alanine.

Has better dosage of those key ingredients that anything else on the market. It doesn't have any fillers such as caffeine or sugar, so if you want more energy, just smash 2 no-doz with it and you're laughing.

And its Australian made (tasmania) and you usually receive it between 1-3 days.

Cholecalciferol is a superb starting point and would make Jack3d and all his friends obsolete! Time to do some home work for anyone who is interested in strength as well as muscle size. Enough said.

Fadi.

For those of you who aren't as fully up to speed on cholecalciferol as I clearly am, I've taken the time to jot down a basic explanation of what it's all about. I hope you find it of some use.

Cholecalciferol is a form of vitamin D, also called vitamin D3 or calciol.
It is structurally similar to steroids such as testosterone, cholesterol, and cortisol (though vitamin D3 itself is a secosteroid).

Forms

Vitamin D3 has several forms:

• Cholecalciferol, (sometimes called calciol) which is an inactive, unhydroxylated form of vitamin D3)
  • Calcifediol (also called 25-hydroxyvitamin D3), which is the form measured in the blood to assess vitamin D status[3]
  • Calcitriol (also called 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3), which is the active form of D3.
Metabolism

7-Dehydrocholesterol is the precursor of vitamin D3 and forms cholecalciferol only after being exposed to solar UV radiation.
Cholecalciferol is then hydroxylated in the liver to become calcifediol (25-hydroxyvitamin D3).

Next, calcifediol is again hydroxylated, this time in the kidney, and becomes calcitriol (1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3). Calcitriol is the most active hormone form of vitamin D3.

Regulation of metabolism

• Cholecalciferol is synthesized in the skin from 7-dehydrocholesterol under the action of ultraviolet B light. It reaches an equilibrium after several minutes depending on several factors including conditions of sunlight (latitude, season, cloud cover, altitude), age of skin, and color of skin.

• Hydroxylation in the endoplasmic reticulum of liver hepatocytes of cholecalciferol to calcifediol (25-hydroxycholecalciferol) by 25-hydroxylase is loosely regulated, if at all, and blood levels of this molecule largely reflect the amount of vitamin D3 produced in the skin or the vitamin D2 or D3 ingested.

or

As food fortification

Although cholecalciferol can be synthesized in the skin (see Metabolism), it is also a form of vitamin D added to fortify foods. Cholecalciferol is produced industrially by the irradiation of 7-dehydrocholesterol extracted from lanolin found in sheep's wool. In foods where animal products are not desired, an alternative compound is ergocalciferol (also known as vitamin D2) derived from the fungal sterol ergosterol.

Dose

One gram of pure vitamin D3 is 40 000 000 (40x106) IU, where one IU is equivalent to 0.025 μg. "Recommendations are: 5 micrograms (200 IU or International Units) daily for all individuals (males, female, pregnant/lactating women) under the age of 50 years-old. For all individuals from 50-70 years-old, 10 micrograms daily (400 IU) is recommended. For those who are over 70 years-old, 15 micrograms daily (600 IU) is suggested. Some authors have questioned whether the current recommended adequate levels are sufficient to meet physiological needs, particularly for individuals deprived of regular sun exposure. The upper limit (UL) for vitamin D has been recommended as 2,000 IU daily due to toxicities that can occur when taken in higher doses." Patients with severe vitamin D deficiency will require treatment with a loading dose, its magnitude can be calculated based on the actual serum 25-hydroxy-vitamin D level and body weight (European Journal of Endocrinology 2010;162:805-811).

The 25-hydroxy vitamin D (calcifediol) blood test is used to determine how much vitamin D is in the body. The normal range of calcifediol is 30.0 to 74.0 ng/mL.

"Vitamin D toxicity can result from regular excess intake of this vitamin, and may lead to hypercalcemia and excess bone loss. Individuals at particular risk include those with hyperparathyroidism, kidney disease, sarcoidosis, tuberculosis, or histoplasmosis. Chronic hypercalcemia may lead to serious or even life-threatening complications, and should be managed by a physician. Early symptoms of hypercalcemia may include nausea, vomiting, and anorexia (appetite/weight loss), followed by polyuria (excess urination), polydipsia (excess thirst), weakness, fatigue, somnolence, headache, dry mouth, metallic taste, vertigo, tinnitus (ear ringing), and ataxia (unsteadiness). Kidney function may become impaired, and metastatic calcifications (calcium deposition in organs throughout the body) may occur, particularly affecting the kidneys. Treatment involves stopping the intake of vitamin D or calcium, and lowering the calcium levels under strict medical supervision, with frequent monitoring of calcium levels. Acidification of urine and corticosteroids may be necessary."

There are conflicting reports concerning the absorption of cholecalciferol (D3) versus ergocalciferol (D2), with some studies suggesting less efficacy of D2, and others showing no difference. At present, D2 and D3 doses are frequently considered interchangeable, but more research is needed to clarify this.

Alternative views

There is a minority view, often associated with Trevor Marshall, which asserts that low levels of calcifediol (25-hydroxyvitamin D3) are often due to overconversion into calcitriol (1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3, the active form of D3) because of chronic infection rather than calcifediol deficiency.

Stability

Cholecalciferol is very sensitive to UV radiation and will rapidly, but reversibly, break down to form supra-sterols, which can further irreversibly convert to ergosterol.

Therapeutic application

A 2008 study published in Cancer Research has shown the addition of vitamin D3 (along with calcium) to the diet of some mice fed a regimen similar in nutritional content to a new Western diet prevented colon cancer development.

Poison

At high doses cholecalciferol is poisonous. Rodents are somewhat more susceptible to high doses than other species, and cholecalciferol has been used in poison bait for the control of these pests. It has been claimed that the compound is less toxic to non-target species. However, in practice it has been found that use of cholecalciferol in rodenticides represents a significant hazard to other animals, such as dogs and cats. "Cholecalciferol produces hypercalcemia, which results in systemic calcification of soft tissue, leading to renal failure, cardiac abnormalities, hypertension, CNS depression, and GI upset. Signs generally develop within 18-36 hr of ingestion and can include depression, anorexia, polyuria, and polydipsia."

In New Zealand, possums have become a significant pest animal, and cholecalciferol has been used as the active ingredient in lethal gel baits for possum control. The LD50 is 16.8 mg/kg, but only 9.8 mg/kg if calcium carbonate it added to the bait. Kidneys and heart are target organs. Thanks Mr Pedia.

Last edited:
Thank you wikipedia!

***NEWS FLASH***

New from MuscleGrowGoodly Science Guy Lab Industries
Featuring RAT KILLING muscle pumps!
1080x more effective than 1080!

Cholecliforolmalolakic!!

Was that meant to be a joke Fadi?

Last edited:
Was that meant to be a joke Fadi
If I wanted to joke with someone I would do it explicitly and not implicitly. Now I can write a whole article on the benefits of vitamin D3 and the way it affects muscle growth. However I thought for a change, I might just give the lead and let someone follow through. Now I'm still puzzled by your question, so what exactly did you mean by it?

Muscle cells have receptors for insulin which as we know, is one of (if not the) most anabolic hormone in the human body. Sure, it has a double edged sword to it. Depending on the state of your muscles whether they are trained or not, it can turn you into either an Arnold Schwarzenegger or a Sumo wrestler. Now if the muscles did not have an insulin receptor attached to them, then everything I said here would have been a waste of time.

Can you think of a vitamin that has its receptor attached to muscle cells? No, this is not a joke, just incase you wanted to know.

Fadi.

Sorry Fadi, my more than apparent lack of knowledge on the subject lead me to believe you were making a joke - i.e, we should be eating rat poison. Perhaps in an attempt to illustrate that most people looking to gain weight will believe just about anything.

Obviously, I did not research the subject as thoroughly as it deserves before coming to my inept conclusion. Sorrry if you took offence. I take your posts like gospel (I have been following your 4000 cal diet now for about 3-4 days and have started your beginner's routine), and as previously stated, genuinely thought you were trying to illustrate a point.

Jack.

Sorry Fadi, my more than apparent lack of knowledge on the subject lead me to believe you were making a joke - i.e, we should be eating rat poison. Perhaps in an attempt to illustrate that most people looking to gain weight will believe just about anything.

Obviously, I did not research the subject as thoroughly as it deserves before coming to my inept conclusion. Sorrry if you took offence. I take your posts like gospel (I have been following your 4000 cal diet now for about 3-4 days and have started your beginner's routine), and as previously stated, genuinely thought you were trying to illustrate a point.

Jack.

I thank you for your clarification Jack and very much appreciate it Sir.

Fadi.

Hey everyone.

im fair new to all this but, from what i been reading im doing something wrong by using

- Jack3d. lol. Whats a good prework out, with all the good stuff that will keep me pumped up and has got the creatine in it.

i also use Cellmass and i really like it as a product.

any ideas.

thank you

There aint anythig wrong with jack3d mate. Thats what wimps say when they cant handle the rush. If your looking for pure pump then take animal pump, that works with creatine and NO. Universal Storm is loaded with different type of creatine.

Status
Not open for further replies.