• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There aint anythig wrong with jack3d mate. Thats what wimps say when they cant handle the rush. If your looking for pure pump then take animal pump, that works with creatine and NO. Universal Storm is loaded with different type of creatine.

Can you stop pushing supplements in every thread seriously. If i was a mod i would of banned you by now.

there aint anythig wrong with jack3d mate. Thats what wimps say when they cant handle the rush. If your looking for pure pump then take animal pump, that works with creatine and no. Universal storm is loaded with different type of creatine.

too weak foar jack3d!

While Jimmy shows a complete lack of knowledge on proper nutrition with his posts, he is well within his rights to post about supplements in the supplement section.

Anyone reading this section deserves what they get. Stop whinging, simply dont come in here if you dont like it.

Pumpers should stay out of the strength forum if their frightened, lifters should stay out of BB if their concerned about curlers in the rack.

I'm only here because his idiotic post was reported.

This section is awesome for highlighting the idiots we now know to ignore

Carry on.

While Jimmy shows a complete lack of knowledge on proper nutrition with his posts, he is well within his rights to post about supplements in the supplement section.

Anyone reading this section deserves what they get. Stop whinging, simply dont come in here if you dont like it.

Pumpers should stay out of the strength forum if their frightened, lifters should stay out of BB if their concerned about curlers in the rack.

I'm only here because his idiotic post was reported.

This section is awesome for highlighting the idiots we now know to ignore

Carry on.

Wait a minute. Jack3d is a supplement. Its not steroids. Perfectly legal and helps you push for extra reps. As does other pre workouts. Whats all the fuss with this product. Of course if you can do everything on a proper diet then go for it but how many people can do that? Im not telling people to take a product like this on a shitty diet full of Ice cream and burgers. People should have common sense on what I post. It shows that they cant think for themselves and i'll have to explain every single little detail on what supplements do to you on every different persons diet.

Mate, you wouldnt know what common sense looked like.

Your posts have identified you as an idiot

Live with it.

Really lol, too weak for Jacked.

Your credibility has now reached awesomeness.

Idiot.

People should have common sense on what I post. It shows that they cant think for themselves and i'll have to explain every single little detail on what supplements do to you on every different persons diet.

do you copy and paste from the supplement catalogues?

Hey Jimmy BT do not worry about PTC this guy is still stuck in the past, he loves bashing supplements at every opportunity.

He will try and convince you that taking Creatine Monohydrate and L-Glutamine is a big No No and that every Supplement company put fake Amino acids in thier Supps :D

Jack3d is a good product it's the high Caffiene content that lets it down.

Hey Jimmy BT do not worry about PTC this guy is still stuck in the past, he loves bashing supplements at every opportunity.

He will try and convince you that taking Creatine Monohydrate and L-Glutamine is a big No No and that every Supplement company put fake Amino acids in thier Supps :D

Jack3d is a good product it's the high Caffiene content that lets it down.

Hey look scientific reviews of two of your favourite supplements:

Alan Aragon said:
BCAA's
Research Summary: BCAA's ability to prevent immunosuppression in endurance athletes has been fairly consistent. However, the data indicating BCAA's ability to prevent muscle catabolism in non-acute trials is scarce. The following study showed positive results that I'd like to see replicated: Mourier and colleagues ecamined the effect of BCAA on the body composition and exercise performance in 25 elite wrestlers. The 19 day study compared 3 hypocaloric diets: a high protein, low protein and high BCAA diet. The latter diet was superior to the others for weight and fat loss. Contrary to what their basic physiological role might lead us to assume, BCAA has failed at showing benefit as an exercise performance enhancer across various treatment protocols (oral, infusion, with/without carbohydrate). In a recent 10 week trial, Kerksick's team observed a whey/casein blend to be superior over BCAA/whey/glutamine mix for improving strength and body composition. This trial needed better control of energy balance, but it still points to the possibility of isolated BCAA receiving undue hype. Additional BCAA supplementation on top of a pre-existing high protein intake is likely unnecessary, since many common foods (dairy, meats, even peanuts) and animal-derived protein supplements already contain a high concentration of BCAA (whey contains roughly 25% BCAA).

Glutamine
Research Summary: Glutamine may also play a role in improving immune response and promoting glycogen storage. However, these possibilities have been challenged recently by studies demonstrating that glatamine was not the link to immune response, nor did it promote muscle glycogen storage better than wheat hydrolysate or whey hydrolysate. Glutamine does not appear to be effective for muscle or strength gain in healthy subjects beyond placebo under eucaloric or hypercaloric donditions. Rosene and colleagues observed glutamine's ability to maintain nitrogen balance under hypocaloric conditions. However, these results were not replicated in a more recent well controlled trial by Finn's team, where high-dose glutamine (0.35/kg) was ineffective at preserving lean mass during hypocaloric conditions.

and jack3d without caffeine? LOL!

Oliver i can also show you countless amount of articles and scientific facts to support Creatine Monohydrate use and and L -Glutamine

The real question is who is wrong and who is right ??

From my personal experince thease products do work and are used quite consistently by serious bodybuilders worldwide

As For your lifting stats man you are serious is that the best you can do LOL!!!! :D

At 6 foot tall you should be weighing over 100kg to look decent i think u need thease supps more than me !

Stats @ 6'0 90~: 180 squat (3RM), 105 bench (5RM), 210 deadlift (3RM).

Bagging someones lifts out is pretty sad mate, not defending anyone but take it easy bagging someones lifts and numbers out, that just shouldnt be happening, if you want to pick on people hassle the fat pricks that dont train and sit out the front of maccas all day sippin on frozen cokes... anyone that does training regardless of results should never be put down, if you cant give encouragement only then dont say anything at all.

And BTW ive tried all these supps like jack3d and no xplode etc., all a load of shit, i was more curious than anything and they actually lost me strength, having your heart beating out of your chest feeling like you are going to have a heart attack after a 20 rep set of squats and not being able to slow it down is not a nice feeling i much rather a big feed of complex carbs and protein personally, much more energy and no irregular heart beats and excessive sweating that comes with those crap caffeine pumped up supps. Im not being a hater ive used them and gone without, only a personal opinion but the the topic starter, do what markos says, eat clean see how much more you progress. As far as creatine goes im not commenting on that as there is to much contradicting results around that its hard to know what is real. I use it post workout and it does seem to have an effect not sure if its a placebo one but it hasnt had a negative effect and thats important. Pre workout supps DO have negative impacts on your training and recovery.

Last edited:
Maybe you are right about bagging lifts, but at the same time i am just over all the bullshit that is being directed at the Supps industry most people like to bag it here

I have used supps for most of my life, and have competed as a natural bodybuilder for the ANB, and i am talking from experience here

Not all supps work i will agree on that but there are some that work really well, the real reason why i had a go at Oliver is that he is the first one to pick fights over supps.

Well if you are gonna bag it adleast have some decent lifts behind you to support your arguments or you should expect some baggings to your way ;)

Maybe you are right about bagging lifts, but at the same time i am just over all the bullshit that is being directed at the Supps industry most people like to bag it here

Ohhh poor supp industry. It's the true victim here. Because it has had no part in spreading any bullshit.

Call out time!

Lets see those scientific articles. Heres mine:

Glutamine not linked to immune response
Hiscock N, Pedersen BK. Exercise-induced immunodepression - plasma glutamine is not the link. J Appl Physiol 2002; 16(1):157-60.

Glutamine doesn't store muscle glycogen better than wheat or whey hydrolysate
Hall G, et al. The effect of free glutamine and peptide ingestion on weightlifting performance. Int J Sports Med 2000;21(1):25-30.

Glutamine does not appear to be effective for muscle or strength gain in healthy subjects beyond placebo under eucaloric or hypercaloric conditions
Condow DG et al. Effect of glutamine supplementation combined with resistance training in young adults. Eur J Appl Physiol 2001 Dec;86(2):142-9.
Antonio J, et al. The effect of high dose glutamine ingestion on weightlifting performance. J Strength Cond Res 2002;16(1):157-160.
Finn KJ et al. Glutamine supplementation did not benefit athletes during short term weight reduction. J Sports Sci Exerc 2003;2:163-8.

As for your next point if you're going to call me out you should do so on the basis of my strength as opposed to 'looking good' (no homo) because I am afterall a dumbass powerlifter.

I'll upload some lift pics after todays session. Watch this space everyone.

I'm going for 200/120/230 at pro raw in late January at 90kg bodyweight. I'm already at 190/115/220 now.

Lets see your lifts. I hope for your sake they beat me in both weight and wilks otherwise you'd look the fool.

Last edited:
As For your lifting stats man you are serious is that the best you can do LOL!!!! :D

At 6 foot tall you should be weighing over 100kg to look decent i think u need thease supps more than me !

Stats @ 6'0 90~: 180 squat (3RM), 105 bench (5RM), 210 deadlift (3RM).

You are a fkn douche bag

The first supp anyone here should be taking is a chill pill. seriously take it easy, everyone's entitled to their own opinions but it doesn't need to be shown through personal attacks. I do think supplements have their place, but should not get as much hype as they do.

Status
Not open for further replies.