• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

dominating everyday life

i really cant believe the effect it has had on my sporting abilities. why couldn't i have learnt the value of squats and deads 5 years ago.

Noticeable difference in lifting/moving anything, from moving the couch, to helping my dad empty buckets of dirt over the back fence.
Also a decent jump in my cardio ability.

Yeah moving stuff is heaps easier. We had to move one of those really old super heavy baths - not sure what they are made of, porcelain maybe? The ones with the lions heads as the legs and all the fancy finishes. They are much bigger than the average bath around now.
It was easier for me to do it by myself than with help. Wasn't stuffed or puffing afterwards either. A year ago, I couldn't move the thing at all.
Posted via Mobile Device

My training has been on and off due to a couple of injuries (rugby) and an influx of other things having to be done yesterday but since doing squats and deadlifts I've seen improvement in a few places.

At work I hurt my right shoulder twice, the second time when I lifted one of the tools in it's case onto the truck with one hand (it only had one handle). They changed it to 2 handles and labelled it "26kg. two person lift." Now when I get told not to pick it up by myself I say "If I can deadlift 120kg, I can pick this up" Although 120kg isn't much, it's made things easier. The physio basically told me to get stronger to prevent the injury happening again.

When playing rugby my squats have helped me get lower in tackles and scrums, and counter rucking is so much more fun I catch myself laughing occasionally as I push through. Also a general increase in strength has been helpful when relieving the opposition of the ball after a tackle.

It also makes me a better dad because my son watches and wants to join in. Whenever we're in the shed he picks up his little barbell for some military presses or puts on my boxing gloves and says "I'm doing exercise daddy" as he punches the bag.