• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

turning 30 and setting goals

TrentZor

So the missus turned 30 last week. She's been mopping around the house on and saying whats ahead? I guess when i turned 30 i also did alot of soul searching..

I mean she has acomplished alot of her goals she set out before turning 30 compared to all her friends/people we know. She has mentioned she's looking alot older looking at past photos as well.

career wise/marriage/financially/shes travelled the world.. etc..

Now we need to set new goals for the 40th birthday before we start feeling empty and life becomes dull?

- one important goal is to have kids
- Learn some new hobbies?
- help a charity

Do some of u just think now im XX age. Now what?

Last edited:
one important goal is to have kids

Do this one first mate.

She'll be so busy, she won't have time to ponder the other questions...

In all seriousness though, as I'm sure any of your friends with kids have told you, they're awesome. Once you have one, you'll ask yourself how you ever lived without them!

Do this one first mate.

In all seriousness though, as I'm sure any of your friends with kids have told you, they're awesome. Once you have one, you'll ask yourself how you ever lived without them!

Im not allowed yet. Im not responsible enough :(. Ive been tested.
I have to prove I can look after the following:
Cactus = Failed
Cactus #2 = lives
Plant = lives
Dog = Im looking for one now
Llama = once Ive proven I can look after my dog
Child = when I can prove I can look after 2 animals :D.

Do this one first mate.

Ceffo, the above is the best advice you'll ever receive - listen to it !!

I get most of my cardio from wrestling my 7yo boy most days, great fun!!

Now we need to set new goals for the 40th birthday before we start feeling empty and life becomes dull?
As DKD has already pointed out regarding children, I'd like to add that you'll never have a dull moment once you have them. However it is the greatest responsibility and commitment of all that you have ever experienced, since you'd be dealing with live human beings and not some abstract object that has no emotions attached to it.

Fadi.

Hi all,

Here are my thoughts..

Firstly, I set goals every year not just
when a mile stone come along.

The hard part is to reflect on the goals every
month and see what I've been doing to achieve
the goal. So I'd say keep setting goals every year.

Kids...??? I'm not a father but it will be the most
fantastic time and the most rewarding & most brutal
(from what I hear of course)... I guess the
time to have kids is when you 'know' inside that you
are up to the challenge... I believe that this is the way
of most things.

Devante.

As DKD has already pointed out regarding children, I'd like to add that you'll never have a dull moment once you have them. However it is the greatest responsibility and commitment of all that you have ever experienced, since you'd be dealing with live human beings and not some abstract object that has no emotions attached to it.

Fadi.

Make sure you are ready.
They are non-refundable
Posted via Mobile Device

Well I better be sure about them then, looks like my back up plan is screwed.

Jim just keep the girl, try to make her like a boy (every way possible) and screw her up for life. It is the best way to get back at her for being a girl when you wanted a boy.

Didn't you/she have goals apart from the norm? (The norm being the ones you mentioned - career, finances, get hitched.)

As an example, I am into riding so I want to do tours of the US, Europe and Asia. I'll be doing weekend trips to places in Aus and maybe a week or two in NZ as practise starting next year when I'm not a poor uni bum.

So I would say either, as you suggested, find new hobbies to get into or expand on her/your current interests.

The best kind, two wheels with an engine in between

Although not atm until I get my damn tyre plugged

Ceffo,

Once you've had kids, you wont have time for hobbies,
And your be so skent, your be a charity.....

I had my first when i was 17,
2nd when i was 19, and my third when i was 25 .

Im 31, 3 kids and i wouldnt change anything , it was very hard , for both of us , but there so worth it mate.