• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Hydrolysed Protein Powders

Gunner

Hi all,

I did a search and couldn't find anything threads about this.

I was wondering what you guys thought of Hydrolysed Whey products like:

BNRG Proto Whey
ON Platinum Hydrowhey

I am currently taking ON 100% Whey Gold Post Workout and was thinking about trying the Hydrolysed Proteins next.

I know they are supposed to be ultra absorbed and digested but are they really that much better than your normal WPI or WPC?

Cheers

My assumption here is that your just starting to be serious about weight training. In all reality and this was brought up in another thread (by me). If WPC is fine on your stomach stick to that, it's cheaper and offers almost as much protein as WPI. WPI is much finer and while yes there's faster absorption it isn't hugely necessary especially if your starting out.

Basically stick to a basic protein such as WPC or WPI, you shouldn't really need hydrolysed whey unless you have stomach problems I guess. If you want super fast absorption of amino acids consider a BCAA for after and before you train or EAA's.

I'm not new to weight training just new to supps.

I already take BCAA's and L'Glutamine during my training and take ON 100% whey with carbs post workout

I'm not new to weight training just new to supps.

I already take BCAA's and L'Glutamine during my training and take ON 100% whey with carbs post workout

In which case just stick to that, your paying alot of extra money for something that's going to perform the exact same function as WPC or WPI. You don't need super fast absorption from your protein supp if you already have BCAA's. I'm fairly sure they're absorbed straight away. You don't need anything else.

In which case just stick to that, your paying alot of extra money for something that's going to perform the exact same function as WPC or WPI. You don't need super fast absorption from your protein supp if you already have BCAA's. I'm fairly sure they're absorbed straight away. You don't need anything else.
Thanks for your help mate

Hi all,

I did a search and couldn't find anything threads about this.

I was wondering what you guys thought of Hydrolysed Whey products like:

BNRG Proto Whey
ON Platinum Hydrowhey

I am currently taking ON 100% Whey Gold Post Workout and was thinking about trying the Hydrolysed Proteins next.

I know they are supposed to be ultra absorbed and digested but are they really that much better than your normal WPI or WPC?

Cheers

In regards to it getting into your system faster its really not a huge difference - seeing as though your taking a wpc/wpi blend in on's 100% whey then you will be fine to keep using this...great protein, great brand.

I used to be a big believer in WPI/Hydrolysed products - used to use ALOT of VP2 - which was prob one of the 1st real hydrolysed products out on the market - really did it make a difference....I don't know but I know it was a solid product and did what it needed to do - If I had changed over to a blend such as on's 100% - would it of made a diff? - I dont think so.

As for pure WPC - Iam not a huge fan myself due to the stomach issues I get - but for some/alot of ppl it works great!

Noobs - your comment made no sense....so just use bcaa instead of a hydrolysed protein...or just protein in general....

Iam a big believer in both...and use both.

If Iam being nit-picky and on a cut then I will use a product such as VP2 - but when Iam on a diet everything is spot on....

Then comes the argument... Why use BCAA's at all? Take EAA's as they have BCAA's in them anyway, slong with the full spectrum of amino acids.

Cheers

I’d take the less processed protein which would give me not only high quality protein, but also all the immune system boosting ingredients that come along with that. For that, my #1 choice would have to be WPC (if you can tolerate few grams of lactose).

Fadi.