• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Fat in bed time meal

Gunner

Someone once told me that having a high fat meal with your protein in your pre bed meal was really good for you.

Any thoughts?

What type of fat, not trans or saturated fats?

I do have some almonds before bed with when applicable.

I will have some fats normally almonds, olive oil or mac oil with my protein before bed if Iam not having milk with it because it slows the protein right down getting into the system - so if your not having anything for 6,7,8 hours its great!

Yeah it slows down digestion, also try to eat a casein protein with it, like cottage cheese.

For as long as i remember, i have had cottage cheese and fish oil tabs about within the half hour before bed. Sometimes i'll have some tuna, broccoli, milk etc with it aswell.

Always a fat/protein meal for me, try to limit carbs late at night.

I now have this as my last meal before bed.
1 x Scoop of Micellar Casein
250ml Organic UnHomogenised Milk
1 x Tablespoon of Coconut Oil