• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Drinking milk

It's all about C-reactive protein levels, which in simple English is a measurement that relates to the level of inflammation you have in your body. That is why I take systemic enzymes and be careful to foods that I know would cause me inflammation. Eating protein foods as God intended is best, and that means with their full array of saturated fats (my favourite) which is the most stable of all fats.

Ghee features heavily in our cooking which is a clarified butter fat I've been having since childhood.

Having said that, balance in everything will always reign supreme above all else.

Fadi.

Pretty much any food that turns to sugar quickly (including potatoes wheat ect) turns on genes for inflamation and insulin resistance. Interesting that... The key is sugar control.

It was a well documented study... They had equel calories and equel fat protein and equel carbs however 1 group had potatoes wheat ect and the other had rye.

THe rye group demonstrated 70 or so genes for improved inflamaiton and insulin resistance the other gorup had 62 or so genes turned on for inflamation and insuin resistance...

Ill find the study fadi you will be intrigued.

Last time I looked, this was a forum where everyone lifted weights.

Any talk about any food should relate to someone lifting weights, if it doesnt, it may be of limited value.

No program has produced more muscle in weight trained young men than milk and 20 rep squats.

I've read about it, tried it and tested it on my lifters.

Thats purely my opinion from my own observations.

I have never tried ANY experiments on people that dont train, except this one night when I was young and I met this young.............

It was reggie wasnt it markos? You went for a walk.... wasnt it...

I bought my first "muscle" magazine today... It has 20 rep squats and milk article in it...

I want to add I ****ing love milk nom nom nom i thank god for cows.

lol

Read the squats and milk article.

You will burn the magazine after reading it big fella, I cant believe they did that

I bought it because it had arnold on the cover and that article on cortisol i wanted to read..

Seriously though

1. the magazine stinks like a chinese factory
2. i cant distinguish articles from ****ing adds selling me hectosexpand
3. more ads?

People pay to be advertised too?

I think it will be the last magazine i ever purchase... At least car magazines arnt always trying to sell me the most insane hectic nitrous fuel enhacement ever!!

At 92kg and 168cm I'm obese by BMI, and proud of it!

I would love to return to full-cream milk but I've got dangerously high cholesterol thanks to my Dad and avoid as much high cholesterol food as possible, eggs included.

I'm pretty sure dietary cholestrol has been found not to raise plasma cholestrol. Don't have the exact studies on me, but i thought this had been floating around for a while now.

I'm pretty sure dietary cholestrol has been found not to raise plasma cholestrol. Don't have the exact studies on me, but i thought this had been floating around for a while now.

It can a little, as cholesterol is excreted in the bowel and is also reabsorbed in the bowel... So dietary cholesterol also has the ability to be absorbed in the bowel the same as what has been excreted.

Though it is saturated fat that directly increases LDL. So full fat dairy still wouldnt be the best for him. However if HDL and LDL ratio is fine then high total cholesterol is not really a problem.

It only becomes a problem when that ratio is out of wack and causing macrophages to suck up the excess LDL die off and cause arteriosclerosis.

I agree with that. Still the exact mechanisms involved in arteriosclerosis and atherosclerosis for that matter are still really wishy-washy but i guess it's better to be safe than sorry.

^^^

Yes well they are all just learned theories...

I have never seen a foam cell for my self. LDL can go up if HDL does as well and if antioxidants are preventing oxidation of the LDL then no problem.