• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
lol i'll get him running up hills soon get some muscle on the lil fella! - he is already a fairly good size for his age...just gotta keep feeding him plenty of protein!!!

Getting him on 1-2 eggs a week and 1 tin of sardines a week next week!

Soon it will be kanga mince and beef mince!

i sometimes cook up a massive egg, cheese and sardine omelette for my two staffys, it stinks up the house but they go nuts over it and its great for a shiny coat

I have a miniature pinscher but everyone comments on my "chiuaua" which irritates me no end! Missy is about 3 years old, a handful for her size and a hit with the ladies.

standing.jpg

missy11.jpg

IMG_0088.jpg

I think he is telling you to stop lifting those damn weights and take me for a damn walk instead.

I am thinking about getting a Bullmastiff - anyone ever had one or known anyone who has? - I love the look of them and they sound like a great dog.

Joel, Bull Mastiffs are awesome, I'll get one one day.

Chester is awesome Pottsy , love him.

Reggie, my British Bulldog now has a mate, Bam Bam, a 4yo Bull terrier.

Bam Bam is black and white. My brother could no longer look after him, so we have had him for a few months now. I have been around Bam Bam since he was 8 weeks old, he used to be our work dog in my previous business.

Two dominant breeds, fully intact males, no problems, even eat out of the same bowl. Nina feels very safe on walks lol

I'd love to post pics, but I cant.

Joel, Bull Mastiffs are awesome, I'll get one one day.

Chester is awesome Pottsy , love him.

Reggie, my British Bulldog now has a mate, Bam Bam, a 4yo Bull terrier.

Bam Bam is black and white. My brother could no longer look after him, so we have had him for a few months now. I have been around Bam Bam since he was 8 weeks old, he used to be our work dog in my previous business.

Two dominant breeds, fully intact males, no problems, even eat out of the same bowl. Nina feels very safe on walks lol

I'd love to post pics, but I cant.

Yea mate - think a Bull mastiff will be the next dog!

Why cant u post pics?

Thanks Markos, Reggie is a beast too!

Dont have a mate for him yet but we are looking. His best friend is a Pure bred male english staffy who is about 2 years old.

Same situation as you, both dominant breeds but are fine together. Meal time and toys were a bit sketchy at the start but they have settled down these days and follow each other everywhere often causing trouble on the farm.

Joel, iv'e always liked bull mastiffs but never had the room for one. Would make awesome guard dogs.

I found out that my current dog is half english and half american staffy, so a bull mastiff would be a good mate for him I reckon - prob get a girl tho.... Lola lol

This is my best mate Blake (Cross of Kelpie and NZ huntaway). Smartest dog I have ever known. Sadly passed away. :(
DSCF0050.jpg

This is my sisters husky Zues, which seemed to have been blessed with looks and no brains what so ever.
DSCI0013.jpg
Picture 123.jpg

mika and barney, both english/american staffy crosses
P1010076.jpg

Same look and colouring as my pup - hes only 6 months so still some growing to do! - got any pics of when they were younger so I can look how alfies comming along.

I have brought it down to 2 picks for next dog - a french bulldog or bullmastiff.

Same look and colouring as my pup - hes only 6 months so still some growing to do! - got any pics of when they were younger so I can look how alfies comming along.

this was when mika was probably around 4-6 months. barney is 2 years older. shes quite a bit smaller than barney now. shes about 20kg and hes around 25ish.
131_3184.jpg

they've always both been fed eukanuba with raw diced roo meat and both had rice as well when they were young.

this was when mika was probably around 4-6 months. barney is 2 years older. shes quite a bit smaller than barney now. shes about 20kg and hes around 25ish.
131_3184.jpg

they've always both been fed eukanuba with raw diced roo meat and both had rice as well when they were young.

Wow looks so much like Alfie lol.

We had Alfie on 2 meals a day of rice/beef mince/veggies/puppy dry - but he got over his breakfast so changed that to 4 chicken necks with maybe some egg, cheese or left over meat and then dinner is rice/beef mince/veggies/puppy food and sometimes add in a can of fish.

Think Alfie is at about 16-17kgs now (6 months).

ive only ever fed our dogs one meal a day in the morning. theyre dogs not humans so they dont care if its the same crap theyve eaten for the last 7 years and their body weight is very sensitive to food intake. even if i give barney two heaped cups of eukanuba instead of level cups he will noticeably put on weight. exercise does make a difference but not as much as food. mika is lighter than barney but also leaner even though she eats the same amount of food because shes more active.

they almost never get treats either apart from apple cores. barney fucking LOVES apples. we used to have a chinese apple tree out the back in our old house. when it was fruit season youd often hear him out the back yelping at the apples and jumping to try and get them then breaking branches on the way down. it was a sad day for him when we moved out. :p

ive only ever fed our dogs one meal a day in the morning. theyre dogs not humans so they dont care if its the same crap theyve eaten for the last 7 years and their body weight is very sensitive to food intake. even if i give barney two heaped cups of eukanuba instead of level cups he will noticeably put on weight. exercise does make a difference but not as much as food. mika is lighter than barney but also leaner even though she eats the same amount of food because shes more active.

they almost never get treats either apart from apple cores. barney fucking LOVES apples. we used to have a chinese apple tree out the back in our old house. when it was fruit season youd often hear him out the back yelping at the apples and jumping to try and get them then breaking branches on the way down. it was a sad day for him when we moved out. :p

Lol I might have to try apples! c if Alf likes them :D