• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

[Article] How We Get Fat.....

Keto and performance = no.

Agreed with Dave here. Lyle makes some interesting points generally, and he's usually quite good with basing his stuff on the scientific method. He can be an ass, dogmatic and occasionally strident when he doesn't need to be,

How is he dogmatic? He is not a proponent of the ketogenic diet.

I wasn't saying he was, the keto one was just a general comment about keto and performance.

I'm talking of some older articles I read where he made some arrogant assertions (particularly to people who post asking questions and clarification).

Irrespective, there's plenty of good info to be had from his work.

I don't think we are capable of logic thought until we turn forty and that having proper communication is near impossible.

We come together with a thought in our head, and leave with that same thought.

Whether you personally dislike someone whether it personal or what it is irrelevant, you listen to what they say, use what you can and throw out what doesn't work for "you".

devils advocate for the calories in vs calories out crowd

a person eats only sugar but under calorie maintenance levels (i.e. say 300 calories below daily maintenance)

does this person still lose fat?

a person eats only lean meats and vegetables over calorie maintenance levels (i.e. say 300 calories over daily maintenance)

does this person get fat?

Yes and yes.

Although for the person eating only sugar, he would lose muscle mass, which may cause his BMR to go down and then the amount of calories he is eating might equal his maintenance.