• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

When Nature Calls and the Soccer Ball I Ate

Rough Draft

... you pretty much have to answer right.

I've started training a little over a month ago. Being skinny I'm shovelling food as much as I can. I'm basically subscribing to the, 'eat anything at any time until I burp and some food comes back out' diet program. Ok, maybe not 'anything'. I do try to eat quality foods and I do stay away from overly processed foods.

I've gained 4kg in my first month. Good? Bad? Average? Late at night I feel really bloated and my stomach obviously shows. I look like a twig that ate a soccer ball. Should I be worried about overdoing it? My bowl movement happens around lunch time and I have no issues there except on some days it happens a second time later at night. To be honest, at first it was hard to eat all these extra meals but as time goes on it is getting easier but the late night bloating is still there.

My second concern is with liquids. I've increased the amount of water and milk I drink. This is throughout the whole day and again my body is getting used to it. My problem is that I am now waking up in the middle of the night to urinate. Every single night since I started. I know this happens to males as they get older (I'm 32) but this is clearly from all the extra fluids I'm taking in. Should I cut back on the late night stuff or just not worry about the fact that I get woken up. I have no problem getting back to sleep in a hurry.

Cheers

How fat do you think you are getting? No post eating stuff but when you are hungry (first thing in the morning) check out your stomach etc. Maybe take a photo each week and compare weeks. If fat gain is low then you are good to go, if you notice a fair size fat gain you may need to reassess.

First thing in the morning my stomach looks fine. I do have a small tyre around my waist but that was there to begin with and I'm kind of expecting it to get bigger since I'm eating so much anyway. I'm not knowledgeable enough to manage my intake to exact calorie levels and I have no intention of doing that at this stage. With time I expect this will be possible for me but for now I think I just need to eat and eat. :/

I'm in a "eat all the time" phase atm, more stuff in more stuff out pretty simple.

4kg's in a month is prob alot of fluid.

Eating more is hard at first, getting it all down stretching the stomach out a bit. The longer you keep up the eating, you'll start realising that its easier to get the same amount of food down.

Weight gain is how you see yourself going, if you think your putting on a bit to much fat, cut back on the food a lil bit.

Good luck in your goals.