• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

advice - critic me and my ketosis way

There's nothing wrong with nuts, in fact they are loaded with minerals and if you go for almonds (which in my opinion are the king o fnuts), you'll also be getting an alkaline causing effect; something you desperately need when you're eating mainly highly acidic food like meat. Veggies are also needed to balance the acidity with their alkalinity. Water should be high on your list to help your kidneys flush all the uric acid caused through meat digestion.

As for eating a big meal at night, well that depends on the time of your training. If you're training in the evening then you can indulge without a worry since your metabolism would be ticking nicely for few hours after training.

I'd drop the hard caffeine (from coffee) and go for white and green tea instead. I see that you're having coffee, (which is extremely acid causing) with almonds. I'd say you'd be cancelling some of the benefits that you may have gotten from almonds once you mix these two items together. Also, caffeine has an impact on your muscle glycogen (if you have any left) by stimulating your adrenal glands to release the fight or flight hormone adrenaline. This stuff eats muscles for breakfast. White tea has a tiny amount of caffeine that is offset (balanced) by the amino acid L-Theanine. This amino acid will calm you down; get rid of anxiety, all without causing you drowsiness. Caffeine has the potential to throw you into anxiety land, not a nice place to be.

I'll leave it here for now and do wish you all the best.

Fadi.

Last edited:
Long term ketosis is fine. I've been in ketosis almost permanently for the last few years and I have had better gains than ever before. You can't do it AND try to lose weight by caloric restriction; do one or the other.
I'd suggest you eat more fat to fuel your ketosis and energy needs.

I eat massive amounts of calories and lose fat while growing muscle. It's easy if you can manage to live without carbs and stick with it long enough to work.