• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Are there any quick fixes for leaning to far forward when doing squats?

If you can't back squat straight, you can't do overhead squat anyway. It requires incredible flexibility.

Wrong again. Tim could do perfect overhead squats, but not back squats, shoulder flexibility is the bigger issue with overhead squats.

Same applies for another lifter, Rowan, only 60kg, poor back squatter, excellent overhead squatter.

this is why I get the big bucks lol

Wrong again. Tim could do perfect overhead squats, but not back squats, shoulder flexibility is the bigger issue with overhead squats.

Same applies for another lifter, Rowan, only 60kg, poor back squatter, excellent overhead squatter.

this is why I get the big bucks lol

I prefer regular sized bucks i hate taking my oversized wallet where ever i go.

Not sure if this is mentioned yet, but I find that leaning forward indicates weak glute/ham muscles or lack of activation of said muscles. I had this problem when I first started squatting as well. I found that curling my toes up forces the weight to be on the heels, hence forcing you to use your glute/ham muscles and reducing the chance of leaning forward. Thats my 2 cents, I advise you listen to PTC and other more experienced lifters here.

Good luck,

Id have to agree with everybody else. Keep looking up and chest out.

Also, just start front squatting. You'll soon learn to stay upright :p.

Good luck mate.

i have noticed if i come out of the hole quickly the lift is easier will this make squats pointless or is it still ok?

what i mean is i take the same amount of time come up as i did going down.

thanks in advance.

Not sure if this is mentioned yet, but I find that leaning forward indicates weak glute/ham muscles or lack of activation of said muscles. I had this problem when I first started squatting as well. I found that curling my toes up forces the weight to be on the heels, hence forcing you to use your glute/ham muscles and reducing the chance of leaning forward. Thats my 2 cents, I advise you listen to PTC and other more experienced lifters here.

Good luck,

Ed Coan leaned forward a fair way, he squatted 975lbs and pulled over 900lbs @ 100kg.

Its got more to do with levers. Notice how he keeps his shins straight.

coansquat.jpg

070227_coansquat.jpg

18466_232449718185_46569253185_3144874_1274333_s.jpg

Bill%20R%20and%20Eddie.jpg

Last edited:
They're making Asians all wrong these days - they can't even squat! Our ancestors are rolling in their graves!

LOl the new generation of asian guys now dont even do legs let alone squats.. Its all upper body baby!!..
Their excuse is it makes em too short if they squat. Bloody asian parents and their BS!!!

cant see your video let me check a couple of points where is the bar on your back most tuck it were its seems to fit high on the shoulders if thats where its with you try dropping it down lower ,a high bar pushes you forward also before you squat find a focus point in front of you high on a wall leave your eyes on that point during the squat, if you look down you will lean forward also try concertrating on pushing the bar on the way up not thinking of your legs ,its push the bar push the bar, tend to push it backwards, so its take the bar low ,squeeze your shoulders together thus forcing your elbows back and strightening your back deep breath force your abbs against your belt ,focus point push your bum back and squat, to come up explode the air out push the bar and before you know it your up .easy

cant see your video let me check a couple of points where is the bar on your back most tuck it were its seems to fit high on the shoulders if thats where its with you try dropping it down lower ,a high bar pushes you forward also before you squat find a focus point in front of you high on a wall leave your eyes on that point during the squat, if you look down you will lean forward also try concertrating on pushing the bar on the way up not thinking of your legs ,its push the bar push the bar, tend to push it backwards, so its take the bar low ,squeeze your shoulders together thus forcing your elbows back and strightening your back deep breath force your abbs against your belt ,focus point push your bum back and squat, to come up explode the air out push the bar and before you know it your up .easy

Good advice, thanks.