• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Strength & Conditioning round table discussion.

PowerBuilder

One of my tasks with my STAC training is to discuss common technical faults with exercises & discuss their implications. I"d love to hear what YOU think are some common problems for the below topics & what impact it has.......

Upper body Pull
Technical fault + it's implication

Upper body Push

Lower body Pull

Torso

Powerclean from the hang

One example is..

Upper Body Pull
Having the bar too far away from the shins when deadlifting. This results in the athlete using more of their back to lift the weight, instead of their glutes.

Upper Body Pull
Having the bar too far away from the shins when deadlifting. This results in the athlete using more of their back to lift the weight, instead of their glutes.

I thought the deadlift MAY have fallen into the lower body pull, but what do I know

Cheers for that Kyle lol

Max will be doing this course Pete, he answered all the questions easily, including correcting yours.

November for him I think.

Please post up more info as you progress through the course Pete

Torso
Curling in the power rack. This results in the angry strength athlete stuffing a plate in the offenders mouth!

I had this one for the Torso:

Use of ab rocker - Issue: Athlete is a ****ing moron.

Last edited:
A serious one for you PB:

Upper body push - wrist and forearm not aligned to transfer/stabilise force properly. A common issue with a lot of newbies especially in benching.

You know you guys are doing Petes homework for him lol

Its all good, as long as EVERYONE learns something, it doesnt matter where or whom you learn from.

Good point I should have written ab rocker I'll go change it now.

If you thought I meant the ab wheel I didn't I think it's great.
Posted via Mobile Device

So many clients are impressed by Superman pushups, I think that the Ab Rollers may just be the best tool to get them there, other than me lol

So many clients are impressed by Superman pushups, I think that the Ab Rollers may just be the best tool to get them there, other than me lol

So what you are saying knackers is; like you- it's just a tool, nothing more nothing less :)
Posted via Mobile Device

hehe love the superman pushup. lol.... i can do about 8 now. when people ask how many situps you do then tell them you do none. then bust out a few supermans and everyone starts thinking.... well maybe hes right.. hehe

Reps arent where its at Brendon, next is one armed, but the harder one is with a 20kg plate on your ass. F u c k i n g stupid idea that was lol