• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Anyone got any simple instructions on how to turn frozen vegatbles into soup?

kindred

I have made 3 batches with different vegtables and everytime It tastes not good.

I basically just get a bag of various mixed frozen vegtables and put it in a put with a little oil and cook it abit while the vegtable stock cooks then I add the vegtable stock and blend it when its all cooked.

It always tastes crappy and lacks flavour.

Throw the veg into the stock and bring to boil, you don't need to do it separately.
Sauté onions first in oil, in the pot you are using for the soup, brown them, this adds flavor.

To make soup interesting you can add these things;

Lamb shanks
Tabasco sauce
Herbs
Bay leaves
Tin of chopped tommies

It's really quite easy and efficient.
Just throw it into a pot bring to boil and simmer for about 4 hours.
Posted via Mobile Device

If you can, fresh veg is generally a better choice imo. Use Massell veg stock which has a good flavour and low in fat. See my recipe for easy to make chicken soup in the recipe section. Most soup should need no longer than about 30 to 40 mins tops, to cook.

Frozen vegetables allways taste like shit,, Think of what happens when you put fluid in a freezer it expands.. The same things happen to vegetables and it changes the structure of the fibre apparently...

And we can all taste it..

Frozen vegetables allways taste like shit,, Think of what happens when you put fluid in a freezer it expands.. The same things happen to vegetables and it changes the structure of the fibre apparently...

And we can all taste it..

I dont normally eat frozen vegtables so i was hoping what you said was not try other wise damn it! I wanna be able to make soup easily. I know how to make it from fresh vegtables and stuff it just takes ages because of all the chopping and stuff.

You know, I actually give up.

What hope have we got, you can all call me in ten years, that's if I'm still kicking.

I dont normally eat frozen vegtables so i was hoping what you said was not try other wise damn it! I wanna be able to make soup easily. I know how to make it from fresh vegtables and stuff it just takes ages because of all the chopping and stuff.

Learn to chop faster..

You have time to sit here and post you could be chopping vegetables..

it isnt the time you just dont want to do it..

Are you making food for the week? I can not be bothered cooking everyday (cause I am lazy) so I do a few hours of cooking once a week and presto easy food it really only takes a little out of your time for the week, over and done.

problem solved.

I added more broth making it thinner.

I the pureed and strained.

Put it back in the pot and here is the secret to making shit soup taste good. I tasted it and added salt and peper until it had the right quantities.

Ok im an idiot who doesnt know how to cook but hey at least im learning. Now I can make easy cheap and healthy soup!

Are you making food for the week? I can not be bothered cooking everyday (cause I am lazy) so I do a few hours of cooking once a week and presto easy food it really only takes a little out of your time for the week, over and done.

Yes i like making large quantities.

Got any protein in this soup of yours? It sounds like it has about 50 calories per litre at the moment.