• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

What determins Muscle Failure

J

Jay7478

What Determins Muscle Failure,

I have just started lifting on a Home Gym, and have set the weights, so that I can do 10 - 12 Reps on the first set, things are sore by that point, on the second set I can just get to 8-10 Reps, after say 30-60 Second Rest period.

I am not sore the next day or anything and work out 3 Days a Week, with some skipping, on the Off Days for Cardio.

I supose what I want to know is if I can go any further on the second set or reach the target reps of 10-12 comfortably is this going to work.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Cheers

answered in your other post , but will also answer here just in case anyone in the future comes looking for the info

Muscle failure means that you cannot do any more reps with good form. If you can't do eight strict reps, the weight's too heavy. If you can do more than 12, the weight's too light. Adjust the weight for your next set.

it's far better to use a weight that allows you to perform the movement correctly than to cheat with a heavy weight that will, sooner or later, result in an injury.

Thanks, When you doing things at home, and dont have the use of someone at a Gym, I just wanted to make sure things were on track after loads of reading.

that's what this place is here for ,always good to double check things