• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Truth is that there isn't a great deal of competing BB's around. The effort to reward ratio is too wide.

Give me a couple more years and I may compete, I'd want 5 solid years of mass gaining / perfecting before I could compete, I want to be happy with what I see first.

I'm just way too hard on myself, I really am my own worst critic, chances are I will never be happy with what I see...

I was just making a simple reply to Paulie's Comment, no hard feelings.

No, none. I wasnt actually calling you a dh anyway, or anyone else in the conversation, I was generalising. While I dont really know markos personally, only through him helping me out online, I do know he will give anyone, or anything a chance, but what he does HATE is bad attitude. That was the point I was trying to make.

How much do drugs help?
I would have to say 90%. If not 90%, then a hell of a lot! Why do I say that? I say that for two very fundamental reasons.

1. The help you psychologically get from an inner drive/motivational point of view. A young man with plenty of hormones running through his veins is very well driven to get off the couch and do something. However that is not enough, as the psychological reason has another assistant working hand in hand with it, insuring that once that young man has gotten off the couch, he ....

2. He would physically be able to do that something thanks to the way hormones allow our bodies to readily accept nutrients, placing us in a very anabolic state, whilst simultaneously curbing our catabolic state. One can get away with doing the "wrong thing", yet still accomplish many tasks a non drug user can not, even when doing all that is right. Hormones are extremely powerful in helping the athlete where he needs help most, in the recovery department. If you can recover, you can move forward....very quickly indeed!

Last edited:
I heard that steroids sometimes only give the appearence of strength. And there can be. Heap of muscle imbalances.

I heard that steroids sometimes only give the appearence of strength. And there can be. Heap of muscle imbalances.
You hear strange things.
This could happen weather you take drugs or not. Training, diet and genetics play their part.

images