• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Text books

Christian, I never said your weak, your pretty f u c k i n g far from weak, but the weak are following you like a messiah.

Be careful where you lead them. With a respected voice comes responsibility. Remember that.

Obviously you didnt read my response in the thread big fella.

Christian posted some crap about a vitamin that put astronaughts on Venus, when Kyle questioned it, he was set upon.

Not cool.

For everything found on the internet, there is opposing data

Recent rat and human studies suggest that adding Vitamin C supplements to an exercise training program can cause a decrease in mitochondria production, hampering endurance capacity.[139] A cancer-causing mechanism of hexavalent chromium may be triggered by vitamin C.[

All I'm saying is I can look that shit up myself, I dont need ONE persons point of view telling me its gospel.

But you are the same markos.. You advocate your training methods because they work..

I express what i know. I can find studies that show almost anything... I post studies in 1 thread the labcoat thread as a joke and stuff that is randomly interesting that i find during studies for college..

I post real world stuff that works and has been shown to work many times (even without studies) in other threads..

You and I are the same in what we do except the topic is different...

I can probably find a study stating how split body part trianing is better then compound (probably not but im sure somethign that retarded exists).

Real world practice is all that matters..

Results count...

So lets go on results...

Breathing causes cancer through oxidative stress... Everything causes cancer stopping it is what its about not the cause. Because life is the cause my friend... We were all meant to die..

Anyway im off to the gym.. Get someone to delete this rubbish its all uncalled for and simply puts distance betweent the 'family'...

Dont eat shit food/eat whole food

Supplement when neccisary and when needed

Avoid foods that make you sick or add to an existing sickness..

3 rules, 3 things i state...

Kyle, Fadi and Dave are the 3 most sensible open minded people that post on here. You may not agree with what they say, but they all deserve a higher level of respect than most of us, me included.
Fadi definitely deserves respect, for his accomplishments in life, his happy family, and the positive mood he adds to in this forum. Dave seems like a good bloke, and I would like to meet him, I'm sure I could learn a lot from him.

Me, bah, when I train someone to do a double bodyweight squat then I should get some respect. If it's a woman, well then I expect people to lick my shoes. Until then people can say what they want :cool:

Markos deserves the same respect he gives everyone else. :eek: No wait, actually that's not setting the bar high, give him more. :)

Your wrong Kyle.

My clients come to me motivated to get strong, I use tried and tested methods to achieve that, its easy.

I would never put my hand up to do what you do, ever. Ever.

Anyone can do anything for a short time. Let's see where I am a couple of years from now. Longevity is the real proof of things, especially in industries like fitness with its enormously high turnover of people.

Experienced coaches and trainers like Markos are my example I look up to. Not for everything, sure, but in a lot of ways. The coaching, motivation, and passion for it all - an excellent example for many.

Out of 42 or so people in my two courses, so far as I know one year on only 2 of us are employed as trainers, another 1 as receptionist, and another just does Les Mills stuff (she didn't pass the PT part). So basically 2/42. And who knows if we'll still be doing it 2 or 10 years from now, if we can make it work well. But I'm sure Markos will be around and still successful.

Competent coaching, motivation and passion lead to success and longevity, we don't get that from text books and lab studies. I love that stuff, I can spend hours on PuBMed reading studies. But it's not the really important stuff. That comes with years of working with people and keeping your eyes and ears open.

I think Markos is correct and incorrect, I love textbooks but I also understand their limitations (some people do not), studies are great if you know how to sort shit research from good research (not many people are taught this even at uni). Real world examples are fantastic but you can not use all methods so if I find someone reputable like Markos who has trained a lot of people I will take their word for it when they say a method has worked (I will still question things that do not seem logical to me).

I think some people have a problem with some of noobs far left wing medicine views and his apparent GP issues. While I learn from him I still dismiss some information he will put forward from these sources such as using vitamin c to cure cancers (I will believe it when i have proof but until then). I have told him a few time delivery of his info is the most important fact for him as he can sometimes come off a little dictatorish but lately I have been noticing a change on his delivery. I like his general health info and I take what is important from it but sometimes his use of his info to people who are not that interested in it can be a little lecturish and off topic, but i know he means good and is trying to change the way he teaches. Noobs can be a little closed minded at times but so can we all, I still think you are a good addition to the forum just sometimes temper the inherent lecture you want to give.

I have to say Fadi and Kyle are great additions to the forum and are quite open minded, even of sometimes I can not be bothered reading some of Kyles novels :D. Thanks for including me in the same sentence as them Markos but secretly I am
more like you, I just have to control it.
Competent coaching, motivation and passion lead to success and longevity, we don't get that from text books and lab studies. I love that stuff, I can spend hours on PuBMed reading studies. But it's not the really important stuff. That comes with years of working with people and keeping your eyes and ears open.

Yep that's why I want experience and less study, practical learning and application of knowledge is where it is at for a coach. Scientifically I could come up with a whole lot of ideas that are impractical for real life.
Posted via Mobile Device

Well said Dave as always, I agree on all accounts and take a similar approach and like to learn by feel as well as get ideas from many sources be it forums, books , different sports etc.

Christian, I never said your weak, your pretty f u c k i n g far from weak, but the weak are following you like a messiah.

Be careful where you lead them. With a respected voice comes responsibility. Remember that.

Markos, I sure hope your not refering to me :confused:.

Noobs, youve been an awesome help to me, and Im sure many others. People may not like the way you put your posts, and even I dont understand them, or read some of them like the depression one because its irellevant to me atm.
The vitamin C thread was a massive help to me, as was your hormone thread. The cardiologist said he has NEVER seen anybodys heart imporve the way mine has. Could it be the medication that he prescribed for me that I havent taken for 3 months (not advocated my Noobs, personal choice)
Or do you think it could be that my diet is fresh organic food/juice and supplementing with anti oxidents and vitamin C? Sure I could eat 666.6666667 oranges a day to get the amount I need, but I think Ill stick with a few teaspoons of ascorbic acid.

I trust 100% that the infomation the both Markos and Christian put forward to me is for my own good. I do as Markos says in reguards to training, and I take on board everything noobs says in reguard to PROPER nutrition for optimal health. He provides me things to look into, and I make my own decisions with my partner.

I may not bench 110kg for a while, but I certianly feel 110% better.
Thats whats most important to me at this point in time.

G’day everyone, first post on here, been lurking a while.

I’m pretty sure I’m the new client PTC is referring to buying some stuff of him.

The reason I contacted PTC, was to subscribe to his newsletter and buy the DVD so I can improve my own lifting (I lift at home and don’t have anyone to show me correct technique). I have been lifting for a couple of years now and simply wanted some advice so I could improve my lifts. If I had know my request for advice was going to be the focus of a rant on the forum maybe I would’ve reconsidered.

I have no problems at all with someone criticising my diet, program or progress but using me as a focus on a public forum based on assumptions isn’t the best way to offer advice.

You misunderstood.

Plenty on here knock bodybuilding exercises. Some of the same quote text books as gospel.

Arnold is the most succesful BB of all time. If a nutrition text book by a labcoat is accurate, then surely a text book by the best BB ever discussing training is as well.

I was using the text book you refer to as the best example I know.

The rant wasnt actually at you lol

Though I'm pretty sure Arnold has sold millions of those books, I've yet to see anyone close to emulating him through doing his workouts. Why? Something he forgot to mention?

Food for thought

You misunderstood.

Plenty on here knock bodybuilding exercises. Some of the same quote text books as gospel.

Arnold is the most succesful BB of all time. If a nutrition text book by a labcoat is accurate, then surely a text book by the best BB ever discussing training is as well.

I was using the text book you refer to as the best example I know.

The rant wasnt actually at you lol

Though I'm pretty sure Arnold has sold millions of those books, I've yet to see anyone close to emulating him through doing his workouts. Why? Something he forgot to mention?

Food for thought

I agree Markos, remember i dont quote nutrition text books.. Nutrition text books are filled with "government" reccomendations that are wrong to start with...

Government doesnt reccomend 10g vitamin c a day for the same reason it doesnt reccomend squats.

They dont have a clue about anything, they only know what "advisers" tell them.. And these people only know conservative bullshit...

Look at the department f health and aging website on health.. SOmeone my age is uspposed to have 12 servings of "grains carbs ect" a day thats 24 slices of bread or something ridiculous....

Dietitians are just as retarded as the majority of personal trainers. They only know what is taught, not what works or what IS...

We on the other hand are different...

I actually have Arnold book BTW... I have it because I always emjoyed his shit movies and admired his bodybuilding career. At least he advocates squats deads rows and presses!:D

How do I get 10gms of Vitamin C if I refuse to eat man made substances that have no quality control? The supplement industry is a sham, we've all seen BSF havent we?

I like mandarins...........a lot

If your going to take pills that you dont know where they come from, you may as well take steroids from UGL, its just a crap shoot.

Now......mandarins, thats another story. Not the big gassed ones, speak to your fruiterer, I'm going to have a couple now, seriously.

How do I get 10gms of Vitamin C if I refuse to eat man made substances that have no quality control? The supplement industry is a sham, we've all seen BSF havent we?

I like mandarins...........a lot

If your going to take pills that you dont know where they come from, you may as well take steroids from UGL, its just a crap shoot.

Now......mandarins, thats another story. Not the big gassed ones, speak to your fruiterer, I'm going to have a couple now, seriously.

Vitamin C from bulknutrients is the last thing you have to worry about.. As i recall you like double quarter pounders lol...

Vitamins are the least of your worries.. If so there are some good proper companies in austrlaia that have a good product range....

I do enjoy Mandarins as well, i steal them off the asian girl at college...
However for the amount i require and with my insulin resistence it isnt worth it for me to ingest that much sugar throughout the day.
NOm nom nom

Dont you take fishoil? Why dont you just eat a killerwhale?

I can see the mistake in using a bodybuilding book to base your program around. The book i refered to was actually the encyclopedia of muscle and strength by Jim Stopani and although i loosly base my training around the programs defined in the book i by no means rely upon it as a definitive answer to all my training questions. I sipmly use it as a rough guide and adapt my training to match my progress.

I dont take ANY suuplements other than a whey shake while I'm preparing my meal after training, 3 x week.

I have a story to tell about Vitamins, I dont know if I should do it here or a newsletter.

No theory, based on my experiences and my families. Goes back to 1996.

One day

As far as the double quarters, I will ALWAYS choose food over a pill, ALWAYS, even if its a Mars Bar, thats why I dont get sick, ever

I dont take ANY suuplements other than a whey shake while I'm preparing my meal after training, 3 x week.

I have a story to tell about Vitamins, I dont know if I should do it here or a newsletter.

No theory, based on my experiences and my families. Goes back to 1996.

One day

As far as the double quarters, I will ALWAYS choose food over a pill, ALWAYS, even if its a Mars Bar, thats why I dont get sick, ever

You cant compare a mars bar to vitmain c lol ...

That shit isnt even food. Its calories yes but i have never seen a mars bar tree..