• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Fadi

Now that’s what it’s all about as far as I’m concerned. Markos has posed a key question that some younger members here might have missed its essence. He asked what you would be doing 20 or 30 years from now. I tend to agree with him but then again we're both old school and look at sport as a long term activity/part of life itself you may say. So next time you go into that gym or under that barbell that is sitting in your garage, ask yourself that key question; where to from here and for how long? By knowing the answer to this two part question, you'd be better equipped with the right attitude of how to train and look after your joints, and what and what not should be allowed to go into your body.

Take home message: it pays to think long term.

[YOUTUBE]-5om6gbDwA8&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

Fadi.

What if the journey has no end fadi... What if enough is never enough...

Fadi, Noobs etc,

To be honest most journey's never end
REALLY! Does it?

I mean things like staying healthy, keeping your
mind in check, relationships, education all of it
is for LIFE!

Nice post Fadi. I hope I look like that when I'm
70. LOL.

Devante.

Your obviously young K 21.

Two of my training partners from my 20's and 30's dont exercise at all, havent done so for 20 years. My brother and I trained with Pete and Ivan most of our lives, were all aged between 45 and 48 currently.

Ivan weighs 150kg and Pete even more, around 160kg. Both are 6' or just over.

Both weighed and competed at 100kg, dont assume you'll be doing this forever, plan to.

My brother is 110kg, but he has gone as high as 137kg. He too competed at 100kg.

I am 86kg, I weighed 90kg back then, the heaviest I've been is 102kg.

Look around your gym, whats the ratio of 40yo to 20yo?

masters such as you (Markos & Fadi) keep me inspired. So do guys like Sy Stallone, show what a very long term positive effect there is on weight training!

masters such as you (Markos & Fadi) keep me inspired. So do guys like Sy Stallone, show what a very long term positive effect there is on weight training!

Thank you very much PB. Personally I respect and admire anyone who has the time to love and respect themselves. Initially, people often confuse my comment to mean or to be equated with arrogance. Nothing could be further from the truth as humility in greatness is humility indeed and arrogance at any level is what it is.

Fadi.

I'm no master PB, I just get to work with so many different people that I get to witness things most wont ever see, then I have to work out ways to help them.

Most only ever have to worry about themselves, but given the oppurtunity and time in our sport, with the use of common sense, could do the same thing I do.

No question.

Look around your gym, whats the ratio of 40yo to 20yo?

Very well said, only a few days ago, it finally hit me.

Many small steps over a long period is time, is much better than aiming too high and burning out due to whatever reason.

I'd love to enjoy this great hobby for a long time to come, however, we can't assume we'll be this healthy, injury-free and motivated for the rest of our lives.

meh, just me 2cents.

...however, we can't assume we'll be this healthy, injury-free and motivated for the rest of our lives.

meh, just me 2cents.

Your 2 cents are worth GOLD! My 2 cents is that although we may not have absolute control over our health, I do see us having a more solid grip on motivation. And if motivation and drive are still burning in our belly, (it doesn't have to be a raging fire there mind you), then I say we can still find a way to enjoy this hobby of ours.

Fadi.

Hi Guys,

I'm now in my 40's and have been training in the gym for about 20 years now and am just as enthusiastic today as I was when I first learnt the difference between a barbell and a dumbell. :)

There's not many "seniors" like me in my gym, maybe 5 in total over 40 that I've seen. The rest are either young late teen bucks strutting their stuff or the clinically obese wasting time walking on the treadmills. I commend them for the attempt, but question their solution...

For me, weight training is a way of life. I weigh 75kg now and have never weighed more than 80kg though that is my current target. However, my genetics pre-dispose me to being overweight as both my brother and sister as well as both parents struggle with clinical obesity.

I love my body and am thankful for the frame I've been gifted with. I respect and honour that frame and aim to do whatever I can to perfect it to its limits over time. I'm a strong advocate of the mind/body/spirit balance and devote as much, if not more, time to my bodies well-being as I do to other aspects of my life. My personal spirituality is centred in love of my family and close friends and nurturing mutual respect and integrity in human interaction.

I don't think I'll ever stop training and look forward to being the most buff 70 year old in my gym in another 30 years time! :D

Cheers,
Mike

This thread makes me think about mates and blokes down the gym that say 'If i was as big as him i'd be happy' or 'when i can bench 2 plates, that's enough' etc. In my opinion, enough is never enough in strength and bb. What I mean is, the more we improve, we more we seek to improve or we just whither a die with our motivation (as PTC said about his training partners from past).
I don't think, as long as i train, i'll ever reach the day, where I just want to maintain. There is always something to improve on.

MikeW, that is a great attitude towards training, life and self, you are an inspiration.

You can have an unlimited amount of injuries throughout you lifetime but only a certain number of recoveries.
I view life as a one act play, there's no encore.

We should have a forum for trainees over 35.
Posted via Mobile Device

You can have an unlimited amount of injuries throughout you lifetime but only a certain number of recoveries.
I view life as a one act play, there's no encore.

We should have a forum for trainees over 35.
Posted via Mobile Device

Of course my friend, that is why we treat our bodies with respect then we can expect a better response from it in our older age..

Too many people are ignorant to what they do to themselves because its macho not to care.. Maybe these people wont have problems good luck to them, but hat does this bad advice do to others? People come to this conclusion that if somehting is ok for osmeone we must all be the same..

On another forum i am a member of a bodybuilder with a lifetimes experience has suffered suvere depression,anxiety hallucinations and been on every anti anxiety anti phsycotic drug known to man kind..

His problem? Gut health, leeky gut, and food intoleranes.. What are his triggers? Beef Fish and Dairy.. THe bloke used to eat 1-2kg of beef a day and drink L's of milk.. He stopped it all and implemented healing his gut and removing foods that caused him toxicity now he is fine.

This stuf happens more often then not but people do not realise it.. Im sure everybody kows someone with asthma, ezchema, mental disorders.. Majority of the time if not all the time thye are related to intestinal health.

After all how can we make neurotransmitters if we arnt absorbing the food we eat that they are made out of?

Everyone needs to look at health first and foremost...

Bit hard to think that drinking milk and eating beef can make someone suicidal but it is 100% true.

Look after yourselves!

The current crop of human bovines all over-eat, over-train and over drug.
We both know that most of human illnesses trace back to some dietary deficiency or poor choice.
Food is medicine.
Posted via Mobile Device

The current crop of human bovines all over-eat, over-train and over drug.
We both know that most of human illnesses trace back to some dietary deficiency or poor choice.
Food is medicine.
Posted via Mobile Device

Then why does no one beleive this..

You know up until this year i never realised that these sorts of things could cause problems... I knew about intolerances but i had no idea that leeky gut will increase gut permiability to the point where foreign proteins will be absorbed into the blood then the bodywill build antibodies against them.. Building up in the liver and causing cytotoxicity... And appearing as mental disorders..

That sounds crazy when you look at it from a phamacology point of view..

"you have this problem because of neurotransmitter imbalance"

Orthomolecular takes it fruther and says ok why do you have a neurotransmitter imbalance.. Fairly interesting stuff.. I will star a thread on the guys journey if he will let me reproduce it as it is a private forum.

Very interesting stuff..

My thoughts noobs are this, like weight training - sheeple rely on a person to provide an answer rather than empowering themselves to discover what they really need, we are a "need a results now" culture.
This is why I could never be a Persoal trainer on principle.
It's your life you work it out, it's taken me 30 years and I'm still learning.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited:
When the penny dropped for me I was a pain in the arse, it was like I was a born again Christian.
I'm still a pain in the arse, but I'm more comfortable in my skin, confident in myself, I don't give a rats if people disagree with take on board what I say use it if it works great if it doesn't try something else.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mate i feel the same way, however i wish i could not care that people disagree... Its not that they disagree that bothers me its that they spread incorrect infomation to people like a virus and its simply out of ignorance and lack of understanding on a topic they know nothing about.

Its funny. you discovering something come to a realisation and it doesnt "fit" peoples current thinking (even if it is scientifically proven) and all of a sudden it is regarded as rubbish because "they have seen it all".

Last edited: