• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Training with my son

My old man was training with me for about 3 months on 5x5 program,
He is 60 year old much smaller than me full of arthritis, Herniated disk in his back his best squat was 100kgx5 90kgx10 DL 130kgx5 he could not bench or MP due to shoulder problem.

Markos; have you considered or have you ever just one training at a time when you have groups?

5 blokes; one trains, one records, two load weights the other counts rep's and such.

Would that work in ptc's environment?

It could be more efficiant way of training.
Posted via Mobile Device

the further I get into a cycle the longer it takes for me to train..especially with squats and dead...probably has something to do with having find and cart 14 plates over to the power rack/platform...its great for GPP tho

If your training in a commercial gym, you can take 3 hours to train, its not an issue.

I never did, but I never trained for powerlifting either, you guys are a little different. I trained fast.

Unfortunately Andy, some of these guys dont have the smarts to get organized, I have tried many, many times to get them to hurry up, shown them better ways, some guys are destined to never get smart enough to get strong enough. Kelly partner missed on Wednesday, Kelly was quite excited lol

Its not every lifter, but it only takes 1-2 to slow a group down

I always allow them to stay back, as long as they stay out of the way, to do their assistance work. Some stay for 2 hours.

If these guys were as strong as you Nathan, I wouldnt utter a word lol

Good to hear your training again Markos ;)

Can't believe Jesse is already so strong, looks like Max might have to watch his back also.

Shorty, I thought you were dead lol

Are you competing at the NATS?

If so, I'm coming, let me know.

Max is already worried about Jesse lol

Shorty, I thought you were dead lol

Are you competing at the NATS?

If so, I'm coming, let me know.

Max is already worried about Jesse lol

LOL Still alive and training Markos ;)

Yes i will be competing in the PA Nats on the 24th July held in Melbourne, apparently there will be 11 lifters in the 67.5kg weightclass this year, which had to qualify with a 495kg total to enter.

Just thought i'll let you know something silly, spectator's have to PAY this year to watch for the PA Nats $20 (1 Day) or $30 (2day) pass.. :confused:

http://www.powerliftingaustralia.com/Events/2010Nats/PA_APBPC.pdf

I agree there should be a charge, its a National Championship.

The $20 may just deter too many spectators Paul.

You guys already have the rack, bars and plates, I've seen them at Minh's.

Everyone has a right to make a profit though, enough smart guys at PA to do that.

Not sure if I'm coming Shorty, I'd want to come for both days, I can get into a museum and see REAL mummies for less than that lol

Good luck to all of you, I hope you smash your PB's