• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

[Article] Jolt your triceps into growth.

That makes two of us then!

Fadi.

I suggest we have two more sections.

To add to the plethora:

Isolation forum.

And

Crèche.

Or, wrap it all up under one umbrella... As physical culture.

Want a senseless argument with a bunch of teenagers? Visit t-nation.

I'm losing interest fast here.
Posted via Mobile Device
Don't let one spoiled egg ruin the cake. You guys should be big enough to look past Oliver's (sometimes) childish comments.
Either that or put him on your ignore list and yu wont see his posts.

Fadi.

To add to the plethora:

Isolation forum.

And

Crèche.

Posted via Mobile Device
Don't let one spoiled egg ruin the cake. You guys should be big enough to look past Oliver's (sometimes) childish comments.
Either that or put him on your ignore list and yu wont see his posts.

To add to the plethora:

Isolation forum.

And

Crèche.

Posted via Mobile Device

Fadi.
Either that or put him on your ignore list and you wont see his posts.

99% of Oli's posts I enjoy and I also learn, It's all good Shrek.

Your'e a girl if you don't squat or don't lift a specific KG, or soft if you react a certain way to a comment is getting a tad overdone here is all.

Someone should be able to post a subject and the members should have the respect and knowledge that lifting, all types of lifting biulds size and strength.

I know how it is when someone who's just starting out finds a dictum and becomes very enthused. {like finding a religion} How much do we dislike those seventh day adventists?

Posted via Mobile Device

Fadi.

Thanks Hello. I've heard this advice/suggestion given on this forum so many times now and I still don't agree with it. This has nothing to do with one being soft/sensitive or hard/insensitive/thick-skinned or whatever else the "hardened up" person may think. Of course that is the way I see it and I'm sure others see it in a totally different light.

Fadi.

Please don't crush my dreams of getting a job as a motivational speaker Fadi :p

I was taking the piss BTW on account of the somewhat Over Sensitive reply's to Oliver's post in hope to lighten up the mood hence the ;)

thanks Fadi. these medicine ball pushups are great, i do them at kickboxing. i feel it works your core muscles as well as you balance yourself

this is somethin' i can do! this is somethin' I WILL do! Instead of a normal push up with my feet touching the ground (because of the fracture(, i'll knee'l on the ground & jack up my triceps!

interesting idea, when i bench i feel the barbell going everywhere, i cant drive it straight up and down...

ill try these tomorrow on a basketball, thanks!

Referring to Fadi's original post and ignoring the bickering, all I can add is that most of the adaption will take place with the stabilizing muscles, which in fact is a good thing, but the triceps will get very little work for the strong lifter as the resistance is too low, and too awkward to add weight.

I love the concept, but I feel there are better ways, as with most things.

First off let me state, that like Fadi, I love stabilizer work. Thats why we press water filled Kegs in my gym.

as far as triceps, benching and stabilizing goes, I use a very different method. Even the strongest benchers in my gym reduce the weight on the bar by 50-100kg at first, but as adaption takes place, we gradually increase the weight.

We hang Kettlebells off bands and drape them over the bar to bench. Watching them bounce up and down, side to side while the lifter is trying to stabilize the bar is hysterical. I feel this exercise is a progression from Fadi's movement.

If you can do 25 reps on a medicine ball, move up. Of course a novice lifter should not try my Chaos bench and stick to Fadi's move.

We also use the same technique on squats and overhead press, without strong stabilizer muscles, you'll never be strong.

Fadi and markos.
In my mind the only thing that is happening here is skill transfer and entertainment.

I'd love to see an anatomy book listing stabilizer muscles.

This thinking to me is flawed, I mean; it's impossible to isolate, a better term to me would pre- exhaust, for example; to make inroads to the tricep you could - do a set of flys to fatigue and without any rest perform a set of dips or bench press.
But the trick here is to not rest. Fatigue the larger muscle group, in this case the pecs before the tricepts.
Posted via Mobile Device

I tried these last night after my chest tri workout and I was dead after 3 sets of 7. Really gonna have to work on these!

Michael
Posted via Mobile Device

I think the point a few are missing from fadi's original post is change things up!!!

Here's an exercise many wouldnt have tried , or not used for a while, give it a go and shock your tricep's.

I think the point a few are missing from fadi's original post is change things up!!!

Here's an exercise many wouldnt have tried , or not used for a while, give it a go and shock your tricep's.

I understand chris.

I like to think this way and we'll usethe chin- up for example;
Your weakest link in this exercise is your arms, the arms will fatigue long before any inroads to back muscleture.
A set of pullovers prior to chinning will pre-fatigue the back allowing more work to be focused on "shocking" the flexors, bicep group and rear deltoids
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited:
Totally agree silverback,

look im doing more of a bodybuilding routine at the moment, and im basically using the same ideas,

Bench 80% of max 3x7
incline 80% of max 3x7
push up 3x 40 ,,,an example of my bench day.

The idea,or principle of fatiguing (i tried spelling that 4 times ha ha), to either overload the muscle your trying to work, or by pre exhausting a weeker muscle in a movement is fine with me.

Obviously your not going to either get huge triceps from just doing medice ball push ups, nor would i get enough from just doing some push ups in my routine.

If you come around one night Andy, I'll load up the KB's on the bar for you to bench, I'll even film it so you can watch and shake your head.

Most dont understand how many muscles are used to shift a weight, thats what Fadi's post was about.

I watched a guy warming up his calves before our bench comp. Someone asked him why he was doing that. He explained the calves play a role in a big bench, they start the lift. Nobody doubted Ange when he benched 190kg.

Max watched Ange warm up, 40,60,80,100,120.....every rep looked identical, the weight on the bar was irrelevant. Iron out every conceivable weakness to get as strong as you possibly can.

I dont want to stuff Fadi's post up anymore, he makes a brilliant point, I'll start another thread later.

If you can do 25 reps on a medicine ball, move up. Of course a novice lifter should not try my Chaos bench and stick to Fadi's move.

Is a chaos bench where the plates are hanging from the bar by band/chains instead of sitting normally?