• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

daily calorie intake

mostwanted

Just wondering whats is the most accuret formula for finding out your daily maintence calorie intake? was looking on computer today and all 6 programs gave me completely different results all though not counting calories yet just want a general idea as to try and stay with in the limets cheers

It varies from person to person how many you should be having based on metabolism etc (and I'm sure the legends of Ausbb e.g. Fadi etc will jump in soon). But the formula I have been using is 18 * bodyweight in pounds. Although I believe that is for growth. I think 15 for maintenance? And maybe 13 for cutting.

Gareer.

I may have put up something like this here before:
Fat loss = cal 27/kg of BW
Maintenance = cal 35/kg of BW
Weight gain = cal 42/kg of BW

The above are not some magic numbers, but they are a base from which you can work of. You do that by writing what you're eating and weigh yourself to see what is occurring.

As Garrer has rightly pointed out, we're all different due to our metabolism etc. At times I was taking in 185 calories and that was for maintenance. Granted that figure is an exception and not the rule by a long shot, but it does illustrate that we're different.

Fadi.

Last edited:
Listen to Fadi and you will always be in good stead. Being an engineer you think I would have been smart enough to convert to per kg of BW but apparently not lol :p.

Gareer