• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

[Article] You are an "Olympic Weightlifter" if:

Fadi

Now this is all in good fun so I hope and trust that no one here would get upset alright
turned.gif
!

1. All your movements are explosive.

2. You squat ass to grass and everybody asks you "WHY".

3. Powerlifters ask why you don’t use the "forearms crossed technique" on front squats.

4. If you do heavy squats and deadlifts powerlifters ask: why don't you use a belt?

5. When you do overhead-squats then suddenly everybody stops to glare at you and you see them practically count your reps.

6. You can clean a weight which 99% of gym goers can't even deadlift.

7. You can front squat more than 99% of what gym goers can back squat.

8. Powerlifters envy you for your shoulder flexibility.

9. You can jerk more than you bench-press.

10. You get done with a good workout and you've got bruises on your pelvis, thighs, or thumbs.

11. Power cages can be 'restrictive'.

12. You leave the ground with weights in your hands intentionally.

13. People talk about the bottom of a deadlift and mentally you correct them; "first pull".

14. You've ever had a problem with a bar that's 'too stiff'.

15. You have both decent squat poundages and a decent vertical no matter how much you weigh.

16. You think front squats are a great isolation exercise.

17. You're constantly jumping on the scales to make sure you're not gaining weight.

18. Your clavicles have calluses and your neck looks like you survived a hanging

19. You actually stretch before and after every training session, sometimes you just go to the gym to stretch

20. You workout what’s on the bar from the colour of the plates not how many there are.

21. Someone waving a flag in your face as you lift does not piss you off, unless its red

22. Your rest periods are usually less than 1 minute

23. You don’t train biceps or chest for fear of the muscles getting in the way of the bar

24. You feel comfortable wearing tights and shoes with a heel

25. You got to the Olympics for Weightlifting?!

26. Anything over a triple is a high-rep workout.

27. You are capable of instantly dividing or multiplying any weight by 2.2.

28. Your traps 'stand out like some alien parasite.'

29. You get bloody shins and you know that’s a good sign.

30. Your average training session takes over an hour and a half for 75 reps.

31. When you have a callous on the back of your neck from lowering push-presses.

32. Your quads are twice as big as your arms

33. Whenever you need to pick something up, you drop down into a perfect atg squat and grab it as you ride the bounce up, and then realize you're in a supermarket and quickly look around to see if anyone has noticed.

34. On the way back to the car, you hook grip your grocery bags

35. You can spend 45 minutes lifting, yet have a total time under tension of less than 90 seconds.

36. When people tell you how much they can bench, you immediately wonder if you can jerk that.

37. When people tell you how much they can deadlift, you immediately wonder if you can clean that.

38. You can say snatch or jerk with a straight face

39. Your idea of an awesome gym is a flat surface, rubber weights, and a metal bar.

40. When you hear the word 'snatch' the first thing you think of is the lift

41. You read crazy weightlifting books that are as confusing as a math textbook

42. You get excited when a new pair of weightlifting shoes comes out

43. You do insane squat programs that most think is impossible even with drugs

44. You are sick of converting everything to pounds even though you can do it in 5 seconds. Because its supposed to be kilos damn it!

45. You watch others at your gym squat the same thing you squat in kilos in pounds and only go a quarter of the way down. I mean who does that?

46. You have an ass...

47. You know what traps are and have a hell of a set

48.You cant find a pair of jeans in any normal shop to fit you because you can’t get them past your legs!

49. Benching has suddenly lost its appeal to you.

50. You can only shake your head when watching non-o-lifters do cleans in a gym.

51. You can ATG back squat what most people can leg press.

52. You work out everyday but never feel sore.

53. You have a broom stick without sweeper in your living room.

54. You only do bench presses when you have a leg injury.

55. You think it's a compliment if someone calls you a "jerk".

56. When somebody asks how your girlfriend's snatch is, you answer, "Not as good as her Clean".

57. Your non-lifting friends just assume you have a thing going for eastern european men

58. You look like an average gym goer in reverse: all legs and no arms or chest

59. Your warm-up looks like a ballet routine

60. You lift with an empty bar and still think you're hardcore

61. You keep track of your bodyweight to 3 decimal places, 3 times a day

62. Any time you miss a lift you know *exactly* why, and it's never simply because you're not strong enough.

63. After completing a full snatch in a commercial gym (before getting kicked out) someone asks, "What muscle does that work?" and you reply, "All of them."

64. You can run a 20 yard dash faster than any Olympic Track Athlete.

65. You're not American in any way.

66. You train at a weightlifting club. There are no cardio machines. There are no football players doing shitty power cleans that are really more of a back extension/ultra wide 1/16th front squat/reverse curl than they are a hip movement.

67. There is no one wearing basketball shoes (runners) in your gym.

68. Your clean and jerk routine does not involve your penis.

69. When you think maxing out is piece of cake compared to a regular workout.

70. If you do lower back work more than once a week

71. If training lower back and doing squats every workout is not "overtraining"

72. If you don't have a back injury from

Rows
Squats
Deads

73. If you believe a seat in a gym is for resting between sets rather than a place to do your set.

74. You chalk up before helping friends move

75. In a joke picture of buddies flexing, they're showing off their arms, but you're raising your shorts to show off your legs

76. "Cleans" or "Squats" is the answer to EVERY question when someone asks you what exercise to do.

77. If someone asks you how to increase their bench you say "why?"

78. You're less than 6 feet tall but can easily dunk a basketball...and you don't even like basketball.

78. Anytime you see PVC pipe/broomstick/etc long enough you overhead squat with it

79. Front squats solve EVERYTHING

80. You have palms like a lumber jack even if you live in the city

81. You stare blankly when someone asks what you can bench.

82. You can pronounce eastern bloc names in a perfect accent

83. (85% x 3)3, (90% x 2)3, (95% x 1)3 -- and other crazy # variations schemes make perfect sense to you.

84. You have notebooks filled with # schemes like that which leads your roommate to think that you are either

A) a terrorist
B) a mad scientist
C) the dude from "a beautiful mind"

85. When the length of time that it takes to change your shoes, warm-up, tape-up, and chalk-up is the same amount of time that some people finish an entire crappy half-squat workout.

86. An entry in your training log looks like this:

87. You’re more flexible than your female friends who do yoga...

88.You dislike curls.

89. You spend your entire workout doing 3 or 4 movements

90. You get pissed when you GAIN weight, pushing you out of your weight class

91. After your workout, you stretch next to the women and they get jealous of you

92. People wonder how the heck you can push press almost twice your bodyweight and have no biceps, or chest

93. You tell bodybuilders your weight and they reply "No way, (x upper body muscle) would be much bigger" having been trained to recognise weight by pectoral size, you then show them your legs and they go "oh, so that's where all the weight is at..."

Fadi.

Last edited:
34. On the way back to the car, you hook grip your grocery bags.

That's me right here! It just makes it easier walking through a shopping centre, especially after a deadlift (no oly lifter now! session and grip is gone!)

33. Whenever you need to pick something up, you drop down into a perfect atg squat and grab it as you ride the bounce up, and then realize you're in a supermarket and quickly look around to see if anyone has noticed.

LOL!!

Where'd you get that from Fadi?

Guilty of at least half, now I don't feel bad for having shit arms! Best thread ever!
Posted via Mobile Device

How long does your average training session go for fadi, and about the ghetto booty, whats the best excercise for a Jennifer Lopez like booty! ?

That post deserves respect!

Fadi is addicted to 'weightlifting'.

Here's a crazy thought. What would I (& everyone else here)
look like if I gave full control to Fadi for 12 weeks.

From diet to training. Humm... I think I'll be broken!~:eek:

Devante.

56. When somebody asks how your girlfriend's snatch is, you answer, "Not as good as her Clean".

Bahahahahaha,
Pure gold fadi, pure gold.

How long does your average training session go for fadi, and about the ghetto booty, whats the best excercise for a Jennifer Lopez like booty! ?

First of all I'm glad everyone is liking this thread. I truly hate the rivalry between the two communities, the weightlifting and bodybuilding ones. I think both can learn from each other immensely if more respect is shown between the parties involved. I'm deeply proud of each and every one of you who have made a comment here so far for your maturity has really shone through, so thank you.

Now to brother Mourad's questions.

When I was weightlifting, my sessions could take between 1.5 to 2 hours depending on the volume of the workout. The time mentioned takes warming up and stretching into consideration since no respectable weightlifter would view these two fundamental activities as been outside the circle of training itself. It's all part of the package that makes and moulds a top weightlifter.

Now as far as bodybuilding is concerned, I always liked to keep my workouts between 45 minutes to 1 hour maximum. Why the difference between the two sports? Recovery times between the sets are much longer in weightlifting as opposed to bodybuilding. In one the aim is to lift big and give the nervous system ample time to recover between sets, whilst in the other it's muscle stimulation and the forcing of adaptation, hence the shorter rest periods.

As for having that Brazilian butt, well genes do help greatly since the placements of fat and muscle cells in that department are just right for that round and full look you're talking about. Deep squats do a great job in getting the glutes involved, and of course there are the “others”.

• Lunges
  • Cable Back Kicks
  • Machine hip extensions
  • Floor hip extensions
  • Cable hip abductions
Lunge-color.jpg

Body-Solid-Powerline-Cable-Crossover-Smith-Machine_2_400x360.jpg

machine-hip-extension.jpg

floor-hip-extensions.jpg

cableHipAbductions.jpg

Fadi.

Last edited:
love the list Fadi. Well done. You've cemented even more my love for weightlifting. I went into the gym tonight to simply watch the guys & girls training.

The old coach (Chris Churgg) use to say that you're going somewhere when you don't fit into jeans right, your legs are simply too big for your waist!!!

Do you guys think, if you are not genetically gifted at certain areas, you will never be able to build that muscle?.. e.g Round booty, Quads, Thighs?