• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

improving deadlifts

trofius

HEy all.

Just after some suggestions to improve my deadlift, I feel it isnt going anywere, and simply trying to lift heavier everyweek, does not seem to be making much improvment.

I am doing deads everyweek, once a week, sometimes twice, but rare.

I have started doing deficit deadlifts as of today, as i feel getting out of the hole is my problem. I have also been doing front squats, to target my quads more.

Everytime i have tried good mornings, or sldl I cant move for weeks, its just too much tension applied to my lower back. Normal deadlifts dont seem to worry me anywere near asmuch.

I am keen to pull 180 by years end, I need to add 25kg to my current 155pb,,, 160 seems impossible.

Is there any other accessory work I could be doing?

Its a crap angle but this is me at 150 suggestions?
[YOUTUBE]EJnVNWa5Yig[/YOUTUBE]

Post up your deadlift program big fella. I had my 53rd lifter pull 200kg tonight, plus 2 others pulled 220kg and 235kg.

I reckon I can help.

Form looks pretty good, its simply a programming or strength issue

Form looks fine, but 2 things I think may help you improve it instantly.

Ditch the spongy sole sneakers in favour of something with a flat hard sole, as thin as possible. Volleys with the inner sole taken out is the best cheapest option.

Wear long socks. this would help you drag the bar up the shins as close as possible.

90% of my DL ability was patience, not progressing until I owned it. The other 10% is attributed to powdered inicorn dust.
Posted via Mobile Device

I did a program that went for 10 weeks, so did my mate who was at 150. Its to be done once a week n
Basicly drop 7.5kg off your 1rm and do it for 4 singles.
So 5 @ 50, 5@ 90, 3 @ 120, 1 @ 140, 4 singles at 147.5.

Keep the warm ups the same, but on your 4 singles, add 2.5kg every week. In 4 weeks you will have a PB, and every week after that :). It worked for us.

Also, ring auskb, get a 64kg Kb, and start doing as many reps as you can.
Everyones deadlift skyrocketed once we got that sucker.
Posted via Mobile Device

My dead-lift seemed to improve when my squat did and not the other way 'round.
Posted via Mobile Device

In saying that though...
I had a bloke who's 1rm was 155kg. A simple 3x5 routine and udls had him at 180kg within 2 months. He had limited training before hand though, so it could be noob gain. He weighs 87kg.
Posted via Mobile Device

its very hard to help with little knolage of you and your training but maybe some of the following may help ,from your vidio you are not locking your knees out early enough so push your bum in and lock out s a p by doing that the load is central,your form is pushing the load toward your lower back .d/lift are only as strong as your core ,goodmornings are a must strong abbs are a must so you have to work on them if you want a big d/l its very possible its your core strength thats holding you back .i bet you keep working on your strengths and not your weakneses ,so its core work .you may try throwing into your training some sumo d/lifs as well just to target other m/groups.lets know how you go

In saying that though...
I had a bloke who's 1rm was 155kg. A simple 3x5 routine and udls had him at 180kg within 2 months. He had limited training before hand though, so it could be noob gain. He weighs 87kg.
Posted via Mobile Device

Similar story for me, but had more training behind me. After doing Starting Strength for a while, I joined a powerlifting club, and did basic linear periodisation (ie starting at 3x10 with low weights, then dropping reps and increasing weight weekly). My 1RM went from 150kg to 180kg within 2 months. My BW was 95kg.

You could just be lifting in the wrong kind of atmosphere

Your gym looks very empty, cold, quiet, and very Fatness Fir$t

Look up throughout the whole lift, lose the runners and get some shoes as suggested.

Apart from that get yourself on a good progressive program (PPP or similar) and put in the hard yards.

now you are getting good advice from all corners i repeat its impossible to give you exact advice without training with you a couple of times so in general turms i will say how i broadly train p/lifters .they d/lift twice a week 72hours between lifs ,day 1 is speed work between50 and 60 p/cent of their 1 lift max 10 sets by 3 reps 30 sec between lifts that gets the bar off the ground in a hurry and practices the explosve power you need to get a big lift,heavy days they progres after a good warm up to were they can pull 3 reps stop there and do 3 sets ,they stay that way ,gradually that 3 rep load builds then 5/6 weeks out from a comp we go to max 2 reps then at 3 weeks for the last 2 weeks they go to a 1 rep max with no lifting the last week .so there you go as i said before only you know your weeknesses bring them up to your strengths and watch your d/lift grow .get your form right first ,get to a p/lift comp watch the big boys lift take out the good points and use them any and all capo lifters are allways willing to help just ask.d/lift in your socks for comps you need d/lift slipers ,you need to feel the floor so as you lean back you push your heals thru the floor, get that core strong. d/lifting is a great chalange and one to do well in its a true indircator of strength" go for it "

You need higher intensity. You don't look angry and pumped up enough for a 1RM.

Also, eat more and get heavier.

Also get a better video. That is a really bad angle.

We need from the side ideally so we can look at your how your back, hips and glutes all work together.

Yep, from that angle it makes it look like your lower back is rounding but I do not actually think it is I think it is just the multi plane overhead angle screwing with how I see your body angles.

deadlift like a champ read that., find your weakness, and incorporate exercises for your weakness on the other day you workout.

i liked what sticky said about the singles, i also think you could do with a increase in volume. like doing 5x5 at 130-140, do that for one or two weeks and i think you'll hit 160