• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

k_21

Gents,

Just curious to know how many days
a week everyone on here trains on
average?

Also approx time per session?

Thanks
Devante.

Weights 4x a week, 1-1.5 hours depending on if I have to be anywhere after.

Conditioning stuff 2-3x a week although only one of these is on a different day to weights.

I use to weight three days a week, full body only, squat twice and deadlift once a week.
Tues, thurs and sat.
I now see the wisdom working out every second day.
Posted via Mobile Device

I do weights 3 times a week, full body every time i also do 2 days Cardio ( Skipping, Burpees, kettle bell complexes ect)

Devante, if you want constant growth than you'd want constant change in your workouts also. I've trained 3, 4, 5, 6, 7; one day on one day off, and all in between. Bodybuilding is about shocking the nervous system into adaptation which in turn would shock your muscles into growth. Find what works best for you and do it more often but not all the time since sooner or later your body would adapt and stop responding unless challenged by a different type of stimulus, and so it goes.

I like three days a week training with each muscle getting directly stimulated three times a week. However it’s great to change from this type of training and do something different. Please note that although I’m following the 3 days a week program, it by no means offers a routine workout. As I have stated on previous occasions that to simply alter the positioning of one’s hands or feet or whatever would constitute a variation in one’s workout even if the same days are utilised, performing the “same” exercises.

PS: You can go all out and train the same muscle (say) 21x/week! Yes, that works out to be 3x/day. Are you shocked Devante? Just imagine how your muscle would feel then! Recovery? Eat and sleep accordingly and recovery would be taken care of.

Questions?

Fadi.

Last edited:
Mr. Fadi,

As always more than I bargain for :D.

I'm trying to work out 5 days a week. This
includes 3 weith sessions and 2 cardio (HIIT)
sessions.

As you have stated after my initial 12 weeks
of training I have currently altered my exercises.
Eg: without doing flat bench I'm doing Incline;
Without seated shoulder press onto standing front
raises; And MOST importantly without Lat pull downs
I have started pull ups (boy they kill.).

Legs pretty much the same. Squats, Hamstring Curls,
calfs.

Thanks again to all
Devante.

Mr. Fadi,

As always more than I bargain for :D.

I'm trying to work out 5 days a week. This
includes 3 weith sessions and 2 cardio (HIIT)
sessions.

As you have stated after my initial 12 weeks
of training I have currently altered my exercises.
Eg: without doing flat bench I'm doing Incline;
Without seated shoulder press onto standing front
raises; And MOST importantly without Lat pull downs
I have started pull ups (boy they kill.).

Legs pretty much the same. Squats, Hamstring Curls,
calfs.

Thanks again to all
Devante.

Devante, I just want to make sure that I'm not misunderstood when I talk about variation of exercise as far as your nervous system is concerned.

In the above reply you've stated flat bench and incline, then you mentioned seated shoulder press, and onto standing front raises.

What you have above in bold, is totally different exercises which is great. Now my point was that one does not have to go to such an extreme to have what is considered a "different" exercise by one's nervous system.

Two examples:

1. Performing on leg press with different footing positions. I can think of ten different variations already, with each variation emphasising/focusing the stimulus on a slightly different section of your lower body.

2. B/bell bicep curls. Again, a narrow grip that is narrower than your shoulder width Vs one that is at shoulder width Vs one that wider than shoulder width, all these (3) would be recognised as a different stimulus by your nervous system which would require a different adaptation mode. Why would the nervous system see this "one" bicep exercise as three? Simple really; the path or line of force or the direction in which the force is being applied has changed when you Devante decided to change your grip width, that's why!

Fadi.

Fadi,

Yes I understood that. I guess the reason
why I changed so drastically was so that mentally
I don't become bored :(.

But yes I hear what you are saying with the grip
width!

Thanks again.

6. I split my workouts into AM and PM sessions to get extra work for my outter-inner-tricep (my only weakness).

2 heavy days, 1 light/recovery day

Mon - heavy bench+accessory/light deadlift/heavy squat
Thurs - heavy deadlift+accessory
Fri/Sat - light bench/abs/light squat

For the first few years i worked out 3 times aweek, but i only did compond lifts to get were i wanted to be in size.

Now i dont use a week as a time span,,,,,WHY SHOULD YOU??

Day 1 squat day (legs and arms)
Day 2 dead day (back and shoulders)
Day 3 bench day (chest and core)
2 days off (maybe join in alittle as a boxing coach)

And rotate, obviously im doing more exercises than the ones shown, and this is more of a bodybuilding, rather than strength routine or bigginers.

Chris I think working like that is more flexible than adhering to the; mon, we'd, frid set-up.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hey Andy how have you found working every second day workouts into your normal schdule? I like the idea but have found it hard to incorporate due to changing workout days messing with other plans/work/uni etc.
Posted via Mobile Device

Have done 3, 4 and 5, but am finding 3 days a week, Sun, Tues and Thurs or Fri with a 5x5 style workout to fit best at the moment with full time work, uni and kids.