• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Hey Andy how have you found working every second day workouts into your normal schdule? I like the idea but have found it hard to incorporate due to changing workout days messing with other plans/work/uni etc.
Posted via Mobile Device

Dave, the kids are off my hands, I have my barbells and plates set-up at our factory and We have a gym membership, so I have more flexibility.

It might be one, two or three days between workouts, I workout when I'm recovered enough, a good indication for me when I'm ready is when I have squatting or dead-lifting in my minds-eye.
Rather than being tied down to a day I am training instintively, this works (for me).

If I'm pushed for time, I'll do a 3x3 which is a very quick, hard intense workout, takes about 12min's.
I get some good metabolic conditioning, Seems to address the anaerobic/aerobic pathway for me.

Usually 3-4 times per week for me.
Posted via Mobile Device

Yes,

I think 4 days a week really is good for
both physically and mentally keeping fit.

Can sustain it for 12 weeks or so.

Devante.
P.S. Although I've got a nasty cold since
Friday and missing a week. I feel shattered
as my progress was awesome up until then. :mad:

Any chance of a log Gaucheharbor ? I for one would like to see your progress and thoughts on your current cycle.

I should have started one hey. I have a diary where I'm writing how I feel and the changes in my body/body weight. I haven't been recording my lifts as such. I can say I had the most pb's I've ever had in one week last week. Im changing my routine every week so it isn't a routine while on the ger so my body is guessing the whole time. Not so much chainging the exercises but chainging reps and sets and the order. Last week I did a normal sort of routine and my body recovered too well so this week I'm going to traing to fail with higher reps and extra sets and see what happens. Might throw in a morning session or two making it 7 workouts foe the week. See how the body adapts to that. Keen to get into the gym tonight!!

Last edited:
i train once a week.

Doing curls using 5kgs dumbells/crossover flyes and a few stomach crunches... Im in the best shape of my life!!

At the moment every day

day 1 - biceps/back
day 2 - triceps/shoulders
day 3 - chest
day 4 - legs/abs

When I get to a point where Im not gaining any muscle or feel like I am I will start chucking in rest days. Im really weak so this may take 2 or 3 months.

i train once a week.

Doing curls using 5kgs dumbells/crossover flyes and a few stomach crunches... Im in the best shape of my life!!

That reminds me of one of my mate that did that exact workout with me on sunday! I convinced him to do some triceps curls but he wouldnt do anything else.

3 days a week.

Tue: Squats and legs/core
Thu: Bench and triceps/shoulders
Sat: Deads and back/biceps

Two days rest, repeat...

Cheers,
Mike

That reminds me of one of my mate that did that exact workout with me on sunday! I convinced him to do some triceps curls but he wouldnt do anything else.
HaHa, thats why i never bring up the subject of lifting at work or around mates, they always know best, and wont hesitate to tell you, even if they have only gone to the gym 3 times in their lives and their best achievement is curling 5kg for 8 reps. Most of them have never heard of a squat or deadlift.

3 days a week

Day 1: Squat
Day 2: Bench
Day 3: Deadlift

Plus assistance exercises & cardio on each day.

If memory serves me right started at 5 days straight off the bat, but that ofcourse was incorproated with training for sport.

I love my volume too much and never dropped below 4 days a week, EXCEPT doing a psmf where i did a tbw once every 3 days.

Currently doing am/pm workouts

Classic Day 1- Push,Day 2 -Legs ,Day 3-Pull, Day 4-off cycle. Both Am and Pm per day.

Told you i loved my volume!

been training with weights every second day, but also try to fit in non-weights training in between when possible.