• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
I think its proper name is Pengasius bocourtii, or Pengasius pengasius, it is a type of eal tail catfish....

The name on the boxes I get call it Pangasius Hypothalamus. I have heard/read a lot of the negative stuff on its quality but I still eat it once or twice a week. Its so damn cheap and the only flavourless fish (not super fishy taste) that I have found a liking for.

I eat it. Not dead yet. *touch wood*

Everything seems to give you cancer these days. I'm just going to stop eating. That will be easier :p

I just bought a kg of the stuff. So bloody cheap.
If you believe everything you read about what's in your food, or on it, you would starve. Even 'fresh' fruit and veg has had all sorts of stuff sprayed on it. The consumer has no idea of what's in their food or drink.
The only way your gonna know for sure is to raise it, or grow it yourself.

Basa is Good

Mate ur fish selling mate is protecting his overpriced local industry.
I cook Basa all way,even marinated.Beautifull!!!!!!!!!!
The australian fishing industry is overpriced and ripping off all Australians.
The Australian gov would not allow entry of any contaminated product into australia.
The Australian fishing industry does not want you only paying up to $5 per Kilo for perfect fish ,when you should be paying them up to or over $30 per kilo.
What!!!

Wise up guys.

Mate ur fish selling mate is protecting his overpriced local industry.
I cook Basa all way,even marinated.Beautifull!!!!!!!!!!
The australian fishing industry is overpriced and ripping off all Australians.
The Australian gov would not allow entry of any contaminated product into australia.
The Australian fishing industry does not want you only paying up to $5 per Kilo for perfect fish ,when you should be paying them up to or over $30 per kilo.
What!!!

Wise up guys.

Lol...

Basa fillet....

Lol...

i think most people who warn about dangers in food have some agenda and/or are trying to get you to buy & eat their product instead.

Vietnam and Thailand for basa and full of antibiotics and steroids

The Mekong clean ? according to Seafood Importers Association of Australia (SIAA) : Correct Information About Basa

If the Mekong river commision says its not clean,

"Of the 60 million people living in the Lower Mekong Basin (LMB), about 40% live within a 15-km corridor along the Mekong River, most within 5 km of the mainstream. Without a doubt, the river acts as the region's highway and provides access to trade, food security and livelihoods.

Riverine communities are experiencing a period of rapid change, as the Lower Mekong Basin makes a competitive presence on regional and global markets. However, millions still live without basic amenities such as clean drinking water and electricity."

If its not fit to drink, what makes fish caught or grown in it safe ?
People Mekong River Commission

The Mekong river: Lies, dams and statistics | The Economist

water quality map of the mekong (last updated in 2008)
Water Quality Monitoring Map

Once my wife brought basa home I threw that mercury laced gunk straight out. Nothing better than salmon filets from the deli or market!

The Mekong clean ? according to Seafood Importers Association of Australia (SIAA) : Correct Information About Basa

"Of the 60 million people living in the Lower Mekong Basin (LMB), about 40% live within a 15-km corridor along the Mekong River, most within 5 km of the mainstream. Without a doubt, the river acts as the region's highway and provides access to trade, food security and livelihoods.

Riverine communities are experiencing a period of rapid change, as the Lower Mekong Basin makes a competitive presence on regional and global markets. However, millions still live without basic amenities such as clean drinking water and electricity."

Interesting. The stuff I bought the other day had a 'product of western Australia' tag.

Just stick to the Aussie fillets, wild caught delights!

I don't believe everything I read about Basa, still a good fish to crumb :)

Just stick to the Aussie fillets, wild caught delights!

I don't believe everything I read about Basa, still a good fish to crumb :)

Then you have the problem with eating wild caught fish decimating our wild stocks of fish.

Theres no taste in that shit fish anyway. I much rather down me a big slab of salmon anyday.

Not many would argue with that.

Difference is basa is around $8kg and salmon is about $30kg.

Eating salmon can get expensive quick.

A mate was living there for a couple of years.... He won't touch basa...

He has seen what goes in the water... Bunch of filthy farkas... Nearly as bad as the Indonesians...

Then again... Each to their own...

Propaganda

Dont gulp down everything they feed you. Sufficient research on this topic will shed the correct shade of light. Its all a propagand backed by the local fishing industries to discourage people from eating imported fish. The video thats gone viral on the net is not relavant, since its merely a video showing a local fishing industry, and they have cleverly omitted the source of imported basa fillets, which meets the hygiene standards. And besides, these fillets have been tested for impurities by FDA and Australian governing bodies in charge of these matters, and they couldnt find any reason to discourage people from consuming them.

You dont want to know hald the shit i will tell you not to eat:p

i.e all your beef and chickens here unless organic have antibiotics and hormones... Beef is castraed then pumped full of oestrogen... Remember hormones are fat soluble so you eat the meat or drink the milk the hormones are in the fat.

Since majority of westernised countries main forms of cancer are hormone related i.e prostate and breat. It doesnt take much to put 2 and 2 together...

Thanks for the heads up on the fish

It's fucked up. Salmon is usually pellet fed. Everything Woolies taste like shit.