• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Battle of the Gyms - Saturday 19th

Why not be a great raw juiced lifter? why not be a great equip natural lifter?? etc etc etc

Its not an advantage when your competing equip because you'll be in a equip div....

Its just a weird thing to say like I said before...

Equip is equip...roids is roids...totally different things.

I would only suggest doing a few comps in equip before jumping on the juice ...because it would suck for you to cycle upto an equip comp and then not enjoy it.

Very very very different things...

Why not be a great raw juiced lifter? why not be a great equip natural lifter?? etc etc etc

Its not an advantage when your competing equip because you'll be in a equip div....

Its just a weird thing to say like I said before...

Equip is equip...roids is roids...totally different things.

I would only suggest doing a few comps in equip before jumping on the juice ...because it would suck for you to cycle upto an equip comp and then not enjoy it.

Very very very different things...

What i was trying to saw is if your equipped obviously its about chasing big numbers..

Naturally raw is the same as well we want to move weight.. Equipped allows you to move more weight. Cycles allow an athlete to move more weight...

I suppose i was trying to explain the though of "equiped" why have equiped at all? So higher numbers can be achieved?

From my thoughts if you were a raw lifter you are lifting because you want to know what YOU are apable of without assistance of anykind.. Im not sawing there are no juiced rawlifters... i was simply trying to say if you use equipment as a sole reason to get higher numbers then why wouldnt the other come into play.

Thats it nothing more nothing less...

Dont think i am having a dig at juicing, equiped, raw, powerlifting or anything else... At first i simply stated my thoughts as to what i would do. But they are just my thoughts...

Its all good! Do what you do because you love it..

I personally want to be in a gym and osmeone says show me your 1rm and i Do it and beat it.. Not say oh shit let me get dressed and then ill show you or sorry i left my gear at ohme i cant do it today...

But thats me personally... If i was to go equipped i think i would pump myself full of every known anabolic substance there is.

But perhaps we canmake lifters deadlift nude and make rule balls have to touch the gorund... that wouldbe interesting (no homo)

All that lift with equipp lift raw also mate, for example me doing 2 board bench press today, 60x3 raw, 100x3 raw, 140x3 raw, 180x3 raw, 200x3 shirt, 220x3 shirt, 240x3 shirt, 255x1 shirt (and bench is my worst lift). We only put on the equip later on in lifts when the weight is heavy so we can get the bar down. Same goes for briefs/squat suit.

As for a deadlift suit it gives the less carry over (only 20kgs) even Andy Bolton only gets about 25kgs out of his deadlift suit.

So as you can see our lifting is raw to a degree.

All that lift with equipp lift raw also mate, for example me doing 2 board bench press today, 60x3 raw, 100x3 raw, 140x3 raw, 180x3 raw, 200x3 shirt, 220x3 shirt, 240x3 shirt, 255x1 shirt (and bench is my worst lift). We only put on the equip later on in lifts when the weight is heavy so we can get the bar down. Same goes for briefs/squat suit.

As for a deadlift suit it gives the less carry over (only 20kgs) even Andy Bolton only gets about 25kgs out of his deadlift suit.

So as you can see our lifting is raw to a degree.

Thanks for that didnt know that.

But do you understand my point? I hope someone does...

Equipment is not just about lifting more weight. Equipment of the less extreme variety actually reduces the chance of injury under maximal weights, which is why equipped lifting evolved in the first place - knee wraps were developed from basic bandages, bench shirts were originally used to protect the shoulders. Only the extreme equipment (multiply, canvas, denim, castlike knee wraps etc) has come about due to factional splitting and the desire to be the federation with lifters boasting the biggest numbers.

More importantly, equipped lifting a skill. Putting on equipment will not just allow you to lift more weight. Bench actually becomes a completely different lift. It's a controlled row, following by a lockout. The descent is actually the technically most difficult part about it and if anything, putting on a bench shirt, increases your chances of bombing significantly. Squat suits and knee wraps make it considerably harder to hit depth or do so with any acceleration.

Equipped lifting is also painful. It hurts. It leaves bruises, welts and burns on your body. It makes it hard to breathe. You are often left red-faced with burst blood vessels from the extra blood pressure equipped lifting creates.

n00bs, you should try equipped lifting just to get an appreciation is what it's actually about - it's certainly challenging, but fun once you try.

Using performance enhancing drugs is not a skill. Using performance enhancing drugs does not make a lift technically more difficult. Using performance enhancing drugs does not make lifting safer under maximal loads.

Poor comparison.

Thanks for that didnt know that.

But do you understand my point? I hope someone does...

Yes I was once in you're position and I thought all the equipment looked strange etc, until i started powerlifting and got shown the ropes of equipped lifting.

Equipment is not just about lifting more weight. Equipment of the less extreme variety actually reduces the chance of injury under maximal weights, which is why equipped lifting evolved in the first place - knee wraps were developed from basic bandages, bench shirts were originally used to protect the shoulders. Only the extreme equipment (multiply, canvas, denim, castlike knee wraps etc) has come about due to factional splitting and the desire to be the federation with lifters boasting the biggest numbers.

More importantly, equipped lifting a skill. Putting on equipment will not just allow you to lift more weight. Bench actually becomes a completely different lift. It's a controlled row, following by a lockout. The descent is actually the technically most difficult part about it and if anything, putting on a bench shirt, increases your chances of bombing significantly. Squat suits and knee wraps make it considerably harder to hit depth or do so with any acceleration.

Equipped lifting is also painful. It hurts. It leaves bruises, welts and burns on your body. It makes it hard to breathe. You are often left red-faced with burst blood vessels from the extra blood pressure equipped lifting creates.

n00bs, you should try equipped lifting just to get an appreciation is what it's actually about - it's certainly challenging, but fun once you try.

Using performance enhancing drugs is not a skill. Using performance enhancing drugs does not make a lift technically more difficult. Using performance enhancing drugs does not make lifting safer under maximal loads.

Poor comparison.

It does however increase your maximal load... So what was once your maximal load is now safer?

I will try wraps and stuff one day. A friend at the gym he was into powerlifting wants to wrap me up like a mummy strap a belt on me and see what my lifts are like then...

It does however increase your maximal load... So what was once your maximal load is now safer?

I will try wraps and stuff one day. A friend at the gym he was into powerlifting wants to wrap me up like a mummy strap a belt on me and see what my lifts are like then...

Are you talking about knee wraps? - Normally they are something you can just chuck on and use - nothing like using shirts/suits.

I think you miss the point of equip lifting abit - most lifters don't go ok well i'll put this suit on so I can lift more - normally they are looking for the next level and/or a new challenge.

I know of alot of lifters that will be mainly equip but maybe train totally raw or compete raw just to test themself in a different way, or they may go to single ply to triple ply for a new test.

There are a number of lifters in my gym that will compete equip before the end of the year just to test them self in a different way - most will go single ply some may go triple ply.

Its all about testing yourself and learning new ways of lifting...its not simply put this suit on = lift more = steroid use.

Does it sort of stop half way through the video? - If so just press Play again - sometimes I find FB does that for some reason...

Big John is currently uploading all our videos onto FB - I will try and upload them on here but if not i'll post a link to them on FB! - Should have a fair few vids.

^ just had to upgrade my 10 year old browser heh

now i can watch curvy women lifting more then lycra clad 'men' do at Fatness Fir$t :cool: