• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Nice try Markos, I lift for size... And then strength, in the hopes of BUILDING up my BODY. It's pretty black and White to me. Time for another protein shake!
Posted via Mobile Device

You eat for size big fella.

I can get bigger without touching a weight, but you cant get bigger without eating.

Now I'm a teacher, I just edited this post, now I'm an editor lol

Can you spell multi skilled?

Now I'm a Quiz Show host.

Let me word it perfectly for you, I only lift to assist in my muscle growth, how's that?
Posted via Mobile Device

Perfect.

Except you stated you lift for size and then strength, so in fact you dont only lift for muscle growth.

Can you tell I'm bored?

Are you coming to the Bench Press comp big fella. Looks like Andy is coming. I'd love to meet all you guys I've insulted on here, would be a great oppurtunity for all you guys to meet as well.

I'm the really good looking guy, shaved head, piercings, tattoos, 23" arms, theyre actually a bit longer than that.

You eat for size big fella.

I can get bigger without touching a weight, but you cant get bigger without eating.

Now I'm a teacher, I just edited this post, now I'm an editor lol

Can you spell multi skilled?

Now I'm a Quiz Show host.

you say rediculous things; does that make you a tool?

Hello- yes.
Posted via Mobile Device

I always thought if you do something recreationally (hobby etc) and have never competed then you are a recreational lifter, bodybuilder, boxer ANYTHING. Once you compete you are an amateur then you can become a professional if you do it for a living/high level. There are two amateur bodybuilders and a whole lot of recreational ones on this site.

Spot on Dave, when I was younger (13-21) I was a state champion skateboarder, I competed regularly, was sponsored by a few companies but... never got actually paid, I was given all the shoes, boards, wheels & clothes I ever wanted, but the only $$$ I ever got was from prize money, I always considered myself an amateur. Pros are the ones who got paid!

Serious? Skateboarding was my life as a kid lol (1970's)

Were you the worlds largest skateboarder?

It's great fun, but throwing yourself off 2+ metre ledges all afternoon for 9 years takes it's toll on your body, I have broken both feet and ankles 3 times each, arms, ribs, legs, wrists haha, my joints will never be the same again.

Lucky for me, I didn't fill out or grow silly tall until near the end when I was ready to move on.

Although, I still have a deck, I ride it to the milk bar occasionally, it beats walking, I can still do most of my flip tricks too haha
Posted via Mobile Device

Lol at mass monter popping a fs flip on the way to pick up 10l of milk :D.
Posted via Mobile Device

Haha.
My favourite trick, not that I could stick it, was nollie FS flip lip. Sexual :D

I bought a new set up a few months back. I think I only seriously skated it 2-3 times. I just love bombing hills and shit now. Might look into one of those 70's style rubber wheel set ups. Man their fast :p.
Posted via Mobile Device

23" arms, theyre actually a bit longer than that.
Now that cracked me up, thanks Markos :D!!!

Okay everyone, we can all learn from each other here but that won't happen if we're too busy critisising than analysing.

I take my hat off to any and all sportsmen who are dedicated to their sport; that includes table tennis players, golfers, world strong men etc. We all, (each and every one of us) are an addict in their own unique way...an addict to what makes us high. Some find it in jumping out of airplanes whilst others find it in arm wrestling, others would even find their addiction in pool table, dart throwing, and archery with their precision par excellence way. The bottom line is that we're all passionate about our addiction with no intention to hurt ourselves or society, now if that doesn’t call for our admiration I don’t know what will!

arm-wrestling-girl.jpg

fr-pool-table.jpg

darts.jpg

Olympic+Archery1.jpg

Nasser_El_Sonbaty_trennirovka.jpg

Nasser El Sonbaty

Fadi.

Last edited:
I too was a youth who couldn't go anywahere without my skateboard. I remeber I use to always con my parents into holidaying at Alexander headlands so I could hit the awesome skatepark for two weeks. Still got my element setup... Sigh
Posted via Mobile Device

just gave my old deck to the neighbours kid too... *sigh* i think if i ever get another board ill get something for cruising :)

I still have a Powel/Peralta snub nose deck, tracker trucks, bones cubes 64mm x 64mm

This was the ducks guts in the late 70's early 80's.

I used to bring my skateboards in from the States in the 70's, everyone here was riding Golden Breed lol

I still have issues of Skateboarder Magazine from the late 70's.

God I cant believe I'm 48

We should take out the snub nose when i come down M. We'll go bomb some fatty hills, retro style :D

I used to skate i still have my deck, i wasnt very good with coordination. 180 heel flip was probably my best trick...