• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Green Tea

Rugby88

I have Ep1c Calendar kunce
Sometimes I will drink green tea - what I normally do is put maybe 2-3 tea bags in a cup and then just shot it down with some boling water - but nearly straight away afterwards i'll feel sick as anything i.e wanting to vomit, tired etc etc - really weird feeling...

Just wondering if anyone else feels like this after drinking or taking green tea?

I have a cup each morning and have never experienced any of those feelings. I only use I teabag too
Posted via Mobile Device

Even when I have 1 bag mate it makes me sick.

I know its not the caffeine because I take pre-workouts, drink coffee etc etc

Have been doing abit of reading and alot of ppl are describing the same thing when they drink green tea....very weird

Sometimes I will drink green tea - what I normally do is put maybe 2-3 tea bags in a cup and then just shot it down with some boling water - but nearly straight away afterwards i'll feel sick as anything i.e wanting to vomit, tired etc etc - really weird feeling...

Just wondering if anyone else feels like this after drinking or taking green tea?

You have two options here I see:

1. Change brands
2. Change to white tea which is better in my opinion.

As for green tea extract, it may not be the safest option as there is a chance of it placing some undue stress on your pancreas. Drink tea the way it was meant to be drunk and that is not in extract form.

Also, green tea water should never be boiled but heated to a temperature of 80 degrees Celsius, whilst white tea's ideal water temp is best at 85. Boiling does damage the polyphenols and some of the other goodies that offset the harm caffeine may have on some individuals.

Fadi.

You have two options here I see:

1. Change brands
2. Change to white tea which is better in my opinion.

As for green tea extract, it may not be the safest option as there is a chance of it placing some undue stress on your pancreas. Drink tea the way it was meant to be drunk and that is not in extract form.

Also, green tea water should never be boiled but heated to a temperature of 80 degrees Celsius, whilst white tea's ideal water temp is best at 85. Boiling does damage the polyphenols and some of the other goodies that offset the harm caffeine may have on some individuals.

Fadi.

Never knew this Fadi, quite interesting, i usualy just boil the water first and most of the time ill forget ive boiled it so by the time i get there its probably about 80 degree's C :p lol... mind if i ask what the ill effects are?

Power sports mate i dont know what to say lol, like dave said, maby its just not to your taste buds liking, so id stop drinking it, u have to be happy with what your putting into your mouth each day mate, try the green tea tablets mentioend earlier, or as Fadi mentioned the white tea. Cant say what white tea tastes like as ive never drunk it... but i can honestly say that ive tried some green tea brands and they taste horrid.... the one i drink every day now is Twinnings, green tea with lemon (its in a green box, u can find it at coles) and it tastes the best imo.

dont worry guys.. . Joels (powersports) just soft! and theres nothing that can be done for him.. softness ,, its genetic... :p