• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Lift Heavy Ass Weights

gents.bond

Found a good article for growing big. the part i liked most i m pasting here.

Lift heavy ass weight. Heavy ass weight makes muscles grow. Heavy ass weight can be in any rep range, because it is heavy ass weight and is kicking your balls seven ways to Sunday.
What rep range should I use? FAIL! It doesn’t matter – Lift heavy ass weights!
What should my rep speed be? FAIL! It doesn’t matter – Lift heavy ass weights!
Should I do cable crossovers before or after flyes, and should incline bench be performed with a 22 degree angle, or a 24 degree angle? FAIL! It doesn’t matter – Lift heavy ass weights!
What split is the most effective for mass? FAIL! FAIL! FAIL!
GO LIFT HEAVY ASS WEIGHTS!
But I don’t want to lift heavy! So and so says that squats are bad for your knees, and my mom is afraid and wants me to take up knitting.
Both so and so, and your mom (no offense to moms) can barely lift a roll of toilet paper to wipe their own asses. If you want to look like your mom, listen to the training advice of your mom. If you want to pack on muscle, lift heavy ass weight!
The end!

source: 4 Ways to Get Freaking Huge Muscle and Brawn Bodybuilding and Powerlifting.

Found a good article for growing big. the part i liked most i m pasting here.

Lift heavy ass weight. Heavy ass weight makes muscles grow. Heavy ass weight can be in any rep range, because it is heavy ass weight and is kicking your balls seven ways to Sunday.

What rep range should I use? FAIL! It doesn’t matter – Lift heavy ass weights!

What should my rep speed be? FAIL! It doesn’t matter – Lift heavy ass weights!

Should I do cable crossovers before or after flyes, and should incline bench be performed with a 22 degree angle, or a 24 degree angle? FAIL!
It doesn’t matter – Lift heavy ass weights!

What split is the most effective for mass? FAIL! FAIL! FAIL!

GO LIFT HEAVY ASS WEIGHTS!

But I don’t want to lift heavy! So and so says that squats are bad for your knees, and my mom is afraid and wants me to take up knitting. Both so and so, and your mom (no offense to moms) can barely lift a roll of toilet paper to wipe their own asses. If you want to look like your mom, listen to the training advice of your mom. If you want to pack on muscle, lift heavy ass weight!
The end!

source: 4 Ways to Get Freaking Huge Muscle and Brawn Bodybuilding and Powerlifting.

ha! Love it! Thanks

To the beginner or newbie looking at thise article -

i dont like the way some of these articles preach the way we should just LIFt heavy ass weights and not once put in the fact they should be performed with close to 90% perfect form.

Heck i can squat 200kgs for 5 inches but whats that gonna do for me? Screw up my knees and some minor muscle hypertrophy if im lucky..!!

Personally my body grew more when i dropped 20% off my weights used and did the exercise close to perfect form.

You read my mind Ceffo, it's quite misleading for noobies. I assume it was written just to stroke the ego of the author.
Posted via Mobile Device

heavy doesn't have to be 90%, just that its hard to move.
also it means using compound exercises which you'll be able to use more weight.
it also encourages the lifter to always look to increase the weight. heavy is a relative term and yes for the most part if your not lifting heavy your wasting your time.

i like the article as many noobs done know what heavy is, and how much effort has to be used.

i dont like the way some of these articles preach the way we should just LIFt heavy ass weights and not once put in the fact they should be performed with close to 90% perfect form.

Heck i can squat 200kgs for 5 inches but whats that gonna do for me? Screw up my knees and some minor muscle hypertrophy if im lucky..!!

Personally my body grew more when i dropped 20% off my weights used and did the exercise close to perfect form.

If you dont know about form then a heavy squat for you will be 50kg. If you have learnt form then common sense...

200kg for 5 inches isnt even an exercise.

This article i suppose hopes that people are not total retards, although if they are worried aobut the incline of their bench they probably are...

It sounds more like a motivational article than a technical beginners article to me. But some disclaimer would have been good about heavy and form.

If "perfect form" prevents you from lifter heavier, how can it be said that it's "perfect"?

If you were talking about sprinting or jumping, would you say "sure, I can't run as fast as you or jump as high, but that's only because I'm always making sure my form is perfect"?

Squatting to depth, or benching until the bar touches your chest is one thing - but this has nothing to do with form, it's just using full range of motion.

We people say "form" in a bodybuilding context, I immediately picture slow, controller pumps. This is competely antithetical to training to lift heavy weights. Those who have trained olympic lifts or powerlifts for while understand that controlled acceleration in the eccentric phase of a lift and proper use of stretch reflex is much safer and allows the lifter to handle much heavier weights than what people consider "perfect form". How fast you can safely accerelate will be determined by how much tightness you can maintain, so that you can actually take advantage of this stretch reflex, and not kill yourself.

Perfect technique (cf form) will actually always allow you to lift more weight not less. If you are so careful and tentative in your lifting that you actually lift less weight, guess what, your technique isn't perfect, and you're holding yourself back.

But technique various from person to person..

IS there a defined norm form?

There are so many clean and jerk movements used by chinese lifters that look ****ing horribley dangeorus and painful..

Is lack of form just a novice thing? Once you have developed technique does generic form not apply?

I.e those oly lifters and KK...

Forget comparisons with KK and elite olympic lifters - they are elite athletes attempting absolute maximal weights. When you get to that level it all becomes a lot more technical and individual and you can't speculate whether KK could lift more if he didn't round his back etc etc.

My point is not that "form" is unimportant. It's that what people commonly consider to be "perfect form" really means tentative, slow, tight, cautious lifting. It might appear to be perform form in that the body appears to move in the right manner, but cannot logically be perfect technique if it means you end up being unable lift less weight.

You need to express explosive power to lift as much weight as you can, whether it's at the bottom of a squat, the initial pull in a deadlift, or the second pull in a clean. Tightness militates against exposiveness. If your technique is perfect, you get the balance between tightness and explosiveness just right - this balance is somewhat individual in that some people are able to squat super fast without losing tightness (YouTube Shane Hamman squatting) and most people aren't - but the principal is universal.

If you favour explosiveness a little over tightness so that "form" isn't optimal, but your body is still within a relatively safe position, it's excusable, because it WILL make you stronger in the long run.

The opposite scenario is not excusable. If "perform form" means that your body is always in the right position but you are favouring tightness to the point where you massively limit power production, you are artificially limiting how much you can lift - this applies to EVERYONE - from beginner to elite, so it can't ever be said to "perfect".

Basically what I'm saying is if you are artificially limiting how much you can lift so that your form looks perfect, you're just making excuses for not lifting heavier weights.

So if you are performing a set of chin-ups say 12 holding a 25kg plate-with a full ROM and get to point were the movement has degraded to a point were you moving only say 300mm, that's ok because you're lifting "heavy ass weight".
Posted via Mobile Device

So if you are performing a set of chin-ups say 12 holding a 25kg plate-with a full ROM and get to point were the movement has degraded to a point were you moving only say 300mm, that's ok because you're lifting "heavy ass weight".
Posted via Mobile Device

Where did I say that? As I said above, ROM is not what I'm talking about.

Of course a lift doesn't count if you literally cheat, eg hitch a deadlift, literally bounce the bar off your ribcage in a bench press, or if you don't actually perform the full ROM.

I'm talking about people discrediting other people's lifts because they rounded their back and knees caved in a little, for example, or making excuses for their own lifts because everything was performed in a slow and controlled manner.

That's the problem with many routines and articles presented - they assume the reader knows this stuff already. It comes from the internet thing where we only hang around with people we agree with. Used to be called, "preaching to the choir." But really it's more of a circle jerk. Fun, but not very productive.

If you're on the Dias dressed looking like a gnome covered in chalk in front of other knuckle draggers grunting and cheering- I don't see an issue trying to dieselweasel the weight up to make the card.

Over a protracted time of doing mutliple reps and sets I guarantee you'll head for an injury.
Posted via Mobile Device