• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

2kg or 5kgdumbells? which is better for my goal?

F

faith

Im 14 just short of my 15th birtday by a few months I'm 5"3' tall and weigh 52kilograms. I can only workout at home. I've done a bit of reading so I know the basic workout routines ,but im unsure on the rest of it all on hot to perform other things. I'd also like to break up my routine arms/abs and legs/butt

I bought a set of 5kg dumbells and also a 65 cm workout ball. Over time i have brought myself a 8kg barbell 2kg dumbells and a 2kg medicine ball and also an ab wheel.

I am wanting tone and tighten. I am wanting to build my glutes get bigger/better/rounder/firmer.

Maybe i have done too much reading or maybe not not enough but i'm confused on how many sets and reps i should do so that i can reach my goals, and also how many times a week should i work out ?

Any help would be great

Last edited:
sweetie , the 2kg dumbbells are just way too light your not going to get much gain out of them, the 5kg will be a good start as long they provide you with a bit of a challenge

The sets/reps will vary depending on your ability to do them, but with that weight, I doubt you'll have to worry about it being too much.

Work-out 1
DumbBell Shrug 3-8
Shoulder Press 3-8
Lateral Raise 3-8
Rear Lateral Raise 3-8

Work-out 2
DumbBell Lunge 3-8
DumbBell Squat 3-8
DumbBell Straight-Leg DL 3-8
Single Leg Calf 3-8

Work-out 3
DumbBell Bent-over Row 3-8
Pull-ups
DumbBell Curl 3-8
DumbBell Concentration Curl 3-8

Work-out 4
DumbBell Bench Press 3-8
DumbBell Fly 3-8
DumbBell Pullover 3-8
DumbBell Kickback 3-8
Tricep Extension 3-8

Also what is your diet like

I cant go to the gym and right now thats the heaviest I have and think I am capable of. the magazines that i have read said that 5k should give a bit of a challenge , lifting them i do find a little heavy

thanks so much, your truly helping me

I am also a victim of the fashion magazine training programs. you will find it will not take you long to progress to higher weights as you build muscle strength

i'm only quite small so i don't think i'll be growing out of the 5kg too quickly for now it will have to do