• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

I need to be 180 like yesterday

At 65 your ability add muscle will be difficult.

Consider reducing your portion sizes.
Posted via Mobile Device

Good point but the added muscle mass you do get and the strength you get will help you function much better as you age. Also make sure you get a health check before doing anything strenous, even light exercise will be good if you do not do much now.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hello, this is my first post (been lurking for a few months). Joined a fitness center a month ago and started working out an hour a day, five days/week. I hit the machines first, then the treadmill. My initial weight was 211 which is too much for a 5.6, 65 years old guy. I started building a little muscle, and saw some fat reduction, but my weight is not coming down. I know this could be because I'm developing lean body mass, but I really need to get rid of the spare tire.

Being a vegetarian, my protein comes from:

eggs (2 a day)
Cheddar Cheese (2 -3 oz a day)
whole milk plain yogurt (1-2 cups a day)
Parmesan cheese (3-4 tsp a day)

I also use:

extra virgin olive oil (4 tsp day)
nuts and sees (1 cup a day)
vegetables and fruits.

How can I do some serious fat burning? TIA for your responses. :)

Using exercise as a means of weight control is specious at best, an older trainees goals become clear, as I said reduce the portion control of your meals.
Your not the spring chicken you use to be.
Posted via Mobile Device

Using exercise as a means of weight control is specious at best

On the contrary, above 250min (iirc) of physical activity p/week is associated with clinically significant weightloss (adding a good diet saw roughly the same results).

Those who are more active also have a significantly reduced risk of premature death. Considering that your VO2max drops from about 20 and markedly after 60, aerobic training is the focus. Grip and quadricep strength have been associated with risk of premature death, so obviously maintaining a strong (relatively) body is also of benefit.

Simply eating right is not something I would say covers all of an older individuals bases.

Use of exercise to promote better daily functioning and eating properly to promote better health go hand in hand.
Posted via Mobile Device

Been making yogurt since I was weaned from my mother's milk :) But currently I'm in a situation where I can't make my own, so I'm buying organic whole milk yogurt called Strauss which is made by a small organic farm in northern California.
How is California these days, haven't been there for a few years?
Have you tried supplementing with Pea or Rice Protein shakes at least it will substantially boost your protein intake and it's suitable for vegetarians.
Welcome to our Aussie board.